What's new

1970'S Greek Palmolive

Vintage creams,always interesting to see how they hold up.I recently acquired a 1970's era tube of Menthol Palmolive shave cream.The scent was gone,only that "I'm getting old" scent was left,so I have no idea what the original aroma was like.The metal tube was open,again,I have no idea if it originally was hermetically sealed,or just capped over an open orifice.The consistency was still good,and the snow white lather built up nicely.It performed as it should,maybe not as good as todays Italian Palmolive,but it got the job done after sitting around for 40 plus years.A real treat to try these vintage treasures...

Attachments

• $IMG_0001.jpg
    $IMG_0001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 111
  • $IMG_0004.JPG
    $IMG_0004.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 108
We had a cream similar if not exactly like the one pictured when I was stationed on Crete in 1967-68. The air station I was on, Iraklion Air Station, had a small BX with limited shaving gear, so we went to a pharmacy in Iraklion to buy shave cream. Man, does this bring back a flood of memories.

Efcharisto, o kalos filos.

great find my friend! it seems like the vintage stuff has quite a following. that's cool it wasn't all dried up as ive heard old creams will do if not taken care of properly

Top Bottom