What's new

oster 97 blades

I'm going to be buying the oster 97 clippers as an upgrade from using Wahl super tapers for my whole career so far, I'm a little confused as to clippers grades though and wonder if anyone can help me out? I'm looking to find out what the equivalent blades are to achieve the Wahl no.1,2&3 in the oster metal blades? I've had a look and they're all really confusing as I just no them by the numbers and not the technical length of hair! If anyone can help me that would be great as I want to purchase all together today! Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong thread, tis my first post here.

Cgeers

I'm not familiar with Wahl, but I did track down a size guide to their combs on their website. Converting the inches to mm, and comparing them to the blade lengths as shown on the Oster blades, it looks like a Wahl no. 1 is approximately equivalent to Oster 0A; Wahl no. 2 is equivalent to Oster 2; and Wahl no. 3 is equivalent to Oster 3 1/2. I highly recommend Oster's metal blades over plastic combs. They cost more, but are far more accurate and thorough in their cutting ability.

I also second Malocchio's caution against the Oster 97 if you live in the United States, as it won't work here. Sorry if you already know this, but since you don't list your location, I'm erring on the side of caution (as I presume Malocchio is, as well).

Top Bottom