What's new

Portland Razor Co. expected dilivery dates?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I was just curious about how long it took for some of you to get your razors. I ordered mine on the 18th of February (the first day that they began implementing their new design) with an expected delivery date of 7-8 weeks. I know it's only been one day past the expected date, but I was wondering, has anyone ordered theirs after the 18th of Feb and have already received it? I'm just curious (and antsy).

I will probably not make you feel any better....but anticipate waiting a bit longer.

I ordered a custom scaled 6/8 Leviathan on January 5th and was quoted 8 weeks (approx).

To be fair when the new design was announced, I also expressed my desire to have that design, which may have negatively impacted my delivery date.

I have not yet received the razor. I get that they are busy, and I am guessing that they may even be a bit over their heads at the moment so don't take what I am saying as a complaint. Just expect it will be a bit longer for ya. I fully anticipate I will receive mine fairly soon. I have certainly been excited to get it...but at the end of the day all of this waiting just drove my RAD even further...lol

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I figured that it may be a longer wait than originally quoted. They've put out the word that they're hiring, so I'm sure it means that they're getting overwhelmed. I know a lot of guys are getting custom razors, and mine is just stock, though. So, I was hoping that the long wait times were mainly for the custom stuff. I have a couple of other straights that I'm currently using, but I ordered a strop from them as well and I'm eager to start using something better than my Whipped Dog Poor Man's Strop.

I figured that it may be a longer wait than originally quoted. They've put out the word that they're hiring, so I'm sure it means that they're getting overwhelmed. I know a lot of guys are getting custom razors, and mine is just stock, though. So, I was hoping that the long wait times were mainly for the custom stuff. I have a couple of other straights that I'm currently using, but I ordered a strop from them as well and I'm eager to start using something better than my Whipped Dog Poor Man's Strop.
I have one of their strops and can attest to its quality. I love it and use it daily!

There's no one who has had a completed blade if they ordered after February 18th as my custom was ordered on February 6th and still hasn't even been started.

Scott told me my expected date from the start to finish would be April 6-10th so I'm 9 days past the date given to me.

I'd say just be patient because we all know it's worth the wait. I'd rather PRC take their time with each and every blade making them flawless rather than try to rush. Quality is better than quantity for razors in my opinion.

Anyway if you have questions about the delays, just shoot Scott an email. He generally replies very quickly.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
There's no one who has had a completed blade if they ordered after February 18th as my custom was ordered on February 6th and still hasn't even been started.

Scott told me my expected date from the start to finish would be April 6-10th so I'm 9 days past the date given to me.

I'd say just be patient because we all know it's worth the wait. I'd rather PRC take their time with each and every blade making them flawless rather than try to rush. Quality is better than quantity for razors in my opinion.

Anyway if you have questions about the delays, just shoot Scott an email. He generally replies very quickly.

I hear ya. I would much rather have them make a quality razor than to just kick them out as quickly as possible.

I just wish that I would have purchased another strop a while back, though. When I ordered my razor, there was only a 6 week waiting period, and I read some guys were getting them even quicker than that. When I got my order confirmation, the wait had jumped to 7-8 weeks (understandable with the flooding). Two weeks ago, a gentleman on B&B received shipment info on his after an 11 week wait.

Hopefully, I'm not sounding whiney. I'm just trying to gauge a timeframe based off of when others ordered and received them.

Don't worry about sounding whiney. Your eagerness shows through and we all desire to get whatever product we order in a timely manner.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Don't worry about sounding whiney. Your eagerness shows through and we all desire to get whatever product we order in a timely manner.

Thanks for the affirmation.

It probably doesn't help my excitement that I was part of the March and now April, May, and GRU-Summer shave purchase restraints. So, this is the last shaving item purchase that I will be receiving until June 21st (or possibly July 1st)!

I hear ya. I would much rather have them make a quality razor than to just kick them out as quickly as possible.

I just wish that I would have purchased another strop a while back, though. When I ordered my razor, there was only a 6 week waiting period, and I read some guys were getting them even quicker than that. When I got my order confirmation, the wait had jumped to 7-8 weeks (understandable with the flooding). Two weeks ago, a gentleman on B&B received shipment info on his after an 11 week wait.

Hopefully, I'm not sounding whiney. I'm just trying to gauge a timeframe based off of when others ordered and received them.
We are all in the same boat with you here, and I think it is great that a community such as this values quality over instant gratification. I don't think anyone feels you are complaining, and you certainly have not worded your posts in such a way that anyone would.

The simple fact is that many of us are eagerly awaiting a great razor and would much prefer to wait and get the quality we all desire. After all...(I can only speak for myself here) I think a part of the appeal of straight shaving is the throw-back to a time where quality matters far more than quantity.

I am hearing the Leviathan call my name but have not yet pulled the trigger. Keep in mind that every second a vendor spends responding to "where is my razor?" emails is time not spent working on actually getting it to you. I know we can be an impatient bunch (myself included) but speaking as a vendor (not if shaving products) you would get surprised how much time is spent on "where is my stuff" requests.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I am hearing the Leviathan call my name but have not yet pulled the trigger. Keep in mind that every second a vendor spends responding to "where is my razor?" emails is time not spent working on actually getting it to you. I know we can be an impatient bunch (myself included) but speaking as a vendor (not if shaving products) you would get surprised how much time is spent on "where is my stuff" requests.

That's exactly why I figured that I would ask here first.

I checked in with Scott on my new design Kraken, ordered February 13th. He is hoping to have it completed May 8th. I did not want to rush or bother the man, but thought I would check and pass it on here.

I ordered a Hydra on the 19th, new version as well. E-mailed Scott last week to see where it might be in the build queue. Based on that, I am expecting to have my blade mid-May. I have others to use, so I am not overly worried about a longer wait time. I do hope that my blade will still be of the same quality as others we have seen in pics, and not made by an "apprentice". Call me snobby . . .

And yes, I trust that Scott would not allow a substandard piece to leave the building, regardless of who worked on it, but still . . . it's always nice to have an "original", as it were.

I ordered an 8/8 Hydra on February 3rd. I know that they had a sprinkler pipe to burst in their building, which ruined some of their work and materials. I haven't called or emailed Scott about my razor, since I know that they must me overwhelmed trying to get back on schedule. I'll tough it out, because I am sure that the wait will be worthwhile!

I ordered mine Jan 16th, it was a 6/8 Hydra with spalted maple scales along with on of their strops. Based on our communication I am hoping I'll get a shipping notice soon. I am very eager to receive it since it will be my first straight razor.

I ordered in the beginning of April and they gave me June 1 estimated date.... it sounds like I will be waiting longer than that.

Top Bottom