What's new

How to get Soap Commander in the UK?

The UK stockist that SC have on their website seems to have removed all their products. Is there anywhere in the US/EU that will ship to the UK for these products? Been seeing/reading some good things about them and want to give them a try.

Have never used Soap Commander, but thought I would do a bit of checking. First, Maggard Razors carries it and their site indicates that they ship overseas. Second, I did briefly check Soap Commander's site, but it does not say if they ship outside or not. I would suggest going to the Soap Commander site and contacting them by email to see if they do ship internationally, and to ask what happened to their UK stockiest. Best of luck!

I was going to suggest Shaving Station, but it looks like they are not listing Soap Commander.

Looking at other North American artisan soaps such as Reef Point and Soapy Bathman, that Shaving Station recently announced on their Facebook page, are also not listed.

Perhaps there's some glitch or EU regulation that's affected these products. Shaving Station was all over Facebook announcing it's move in these artisans. I would suggest contacting him and see what the story is.

John is right about Maggard shipping international, but I'm sure postage would be more pricey than buying from a UK vendor.

Good Luck and please report back what you learn.

Matt, being a big believer in Soap Commander, I just dropped them an email to see if they could shed more light on the situation.

I ordered my SC soap from shave revolution. Perhaps they ship overseas? They have many great artisan brands and my first order shipped really fast.

I posed Matt's question to Darren Siebert last night by email. He quickly responded, but I was off to be so here's his reply the next morning:

"The EU made Shaving Station and all EU retailers to stop carrying US made products unless they obtain EU certification by fulfilling there product testing procedures...for every product in every scent. This certification comes with a big sticker price and is incredibly time consuming to work through. We have began the process but due to time constraints, we just simply cannot move forward on this certification process at this time. We have obtained information from an unbiased bath and beauty consulting firm that will walk us through it if/when we ever get that extra time. But as stated Maggard Razors, Shave Revolution and Luxury Barber all sell our products internationally."

So the good news is that folks in the UK can buy Soap Commander from many U.S. vendors, the bad news is that they won't have the convenience of having a British vendor.

I posed Matt's question to Darren Siebert last night by email. He quickly responded, but I was off to be so here's his reply the next morning:
"The EU made Shaving Station and all EU retailers to stop carrying US made products unless they obtain EU certification by fulfilling there product testing procedures...for every product in every scent. This certification comes with a big sticker price and is incredibly time consuming to work through. We have began the process but due to time constraints, we just simply cannot move forward on this certification process at this time. We have obtained information from an unbiased bath and beauty consulting firm that will walk us through it if/when we ever get that extra time. But as stated Maggard Razors, Shave Revolution and Luxury Barber all sell our products internationally."

So the good news is that folks in the UK can buy Soap Commander from many U.S. vendors, the bad news is that they won't have the convenience of having a British vendor.

Well, that's the E.U. for you isn't it. But in the unlikely event that everyone votes U.K.I.P. we'll be out of the E.U. I was surprised that Italian Barber doesn't have it either. The big problem with some U.S. retailers is that they want to charge a minimum of US$38 shipping to the U.K. whatever is bought. So that's US$38 to ship a pack of 5 razor blades thank you very much.

Well, that's the E.U. for you isn't it. But in the unlikely event that everyone votes U.K.I.P. we'll be out of the E.U. I was surprised that Italian Barber doesn't have it either. The big problem with some U.S. retailers is that they want to charge a minimum of US$38 shipping to the U.K. whatever is bought. So that's US$38 to ship a pack of 5 razor blades thank you very much.

Tough break.

I've always been envious of European wet shavers because you can buy so many products for a lot less than we can in the U.S. However the artisan soap movement has been able to take route in the U.S. and Canada in a way that it hasn't in the EU countries.

I've been surprised that IB hasn't gotten into Soap Commander either. I got into SC because I was looking for an alternative to RazoRock's excellent King Louis Karite (shea butter) soap that Joe decided to not continue.

Shipping costs are always a variable, but $38 is a large nut to crack. The good news is that you have Wickham and Nannies, both of which I've heard are excellent products.

Wow thanks a million for going to the trouble you did to find out and get in touch with SC. This here folks is what is great about B&B!

I think I'll probably go with Maggard Razors for ordering some because I like the small family run business style they have.

Also true with the *** for tat US/UK products stuff. I really want Soap Commander & Wickham soaps now. So it's only the same situation if i were US based wanting the same products!

Do you recommend a scent of theirs to go for? My favourite scented cream is TOBS Shaving Shop (Funnily my first ever cream) and sort of citrus based ones like Penhaligons Endymion, I'm daily using MWF at the minute and actually enjoy the scent of that also. Not a big fan of lavender or things like that.

Wow thanks a million for going to the trouble you did to find out and get in touch with SC. This here folks is what is great about B&B!

I think I'll probably go with Maggard Razors for ordering some because I like the small family run business style they have.

Also true with the *** for tat US/UK products stuff. I really want Soap Commander & Wickham soaps now. So it's only the same situation if i were US based wanting the same products!

Do you recommend a scent of theirs to go for? My favourite scented cream is TOBS Shaving Shop (Funnily my first ever cream) and sort of citrus based ones like Penhaligons Endymion, I'm daily using MWF at the minute and actually enjoy the scent of that also. Not a big fan of lavender or things like that.

Matt,

You're welcome, but it's no trouble at all. Soap Commander (Darren and Carie Siebert) are very friendly people who are very responsive both by email and on facebook.

As to what scent to try, unfortunately I haven't tried either TOBS Shaving Shop or Penhaligons Endymion. I also love MWF and use it a few times each week. I have purchased and used an embarrassing variety of Soap Commander, but have not used them all.

If you like citrus, they have a relatively new scent that I love - "Inspiration" (J
apanese Yuzu grapefruit, mandarin, and tangerine) that has quickly become one of my favorites. "Respect" is very popular, but I have not tried it yet. (I do love Lime soaps, but have a few pucks of Mike's Lime and the excellent Godrej Lime cream).

My favorites include "Confidence", "Endurance", and "Passion". Additionally I really like their spring seasonal scent "Renewal" which is a floral fougere (
includes notes of Lavender, Cedar, Fir Needle, Crushed Pine, Camphor, Patchouli, Hay, Tobacco, Citrus, Juniper, Vetiver, Black Tea and a kiss of Wild Hyacinth). Aside from the performance and excellent post, shave feel - Carrie the soap maker, blends a variety of scents, sometimes using many different scents to arrive at some fairly complex scents that are really terrific.

I've pasted in a scent chart from Soap Commander's wet site that gives a condensed version of their scent profiles. The actual full list of scent oils is listed for each soaps description. http://soapcommander.com/pages/scent-profile-listing

proxy.php

If there's not much different in postage, You might want to pick up a matching aftershave balm. I live in the northeast U.S. and just went through a very cold, stormy winter and used SC balms almost everyday to keep my face hydrated.

Hope this helps,

Bob

And how inconvenient that Shaving Station is based in Leeds (about 5 minutes from Bradford where I live) and they are the only EU stockists or will be at least haha

Edit: Thanks for the list also, I had my eye on the vision ones. I am a firm believer in having a matching cream & balm so will be ordering them and possibly the Inspiration pairing too

Last edited:
Ah, I remember when you joined because I noticed that you were from Bradford - home of the famous Mitchell's Wool Fat!

You won't be disappointed with either "Vision" or "Inspiration".

Another vote here for endurance. It's the only SC soap I have purchased (and used, of course) but it will certainly not be my last. Great performer (and I love​ the scent.)

For my unsolicited 2c, Vision wasn't a great scent for me (even though I thought it would be). Renewal is my current favorite, and for citrus both Inspiration and Respect are great.

Endurance is really nice too, but that's classic Old Spice scent.

Tough break.

I've always been envious of European wet shavers because you can buy so many products for a lot less than we can in the U.S. However the artisan soap movement has been able to take route in the U.S. and Canada in a way that it hasn't in the EU countries.

You well and truly hit the nail on the head there. I do like American stuff particularly Artisan and traditional industries such as Lodge cast iron. I've yet to get into American soaps but it won't be long now.

Top Bottom