What's new

Merkur 34c still in use.

I own a cerakoted 34c

You have to post pics of it.

I still have my 34C, it was my first DE razor. I still use it from time to time, but not as much as is did in the beginning. I went over 6 months with just it, then i started getting into vintage gillettes.

You have to post pics of it.
$IMG_1471.jpg
$IMG_1470.jpg

Baddest 34C, i've ever seen!!, thanks for posting those.

Thanks!! Had a gentleman here do the work. There are many that do the coating here on the forum. I don't use the slip ring in any of my 2 pieces for easy and thorough cleaning. So they are kind of a 3 piece but not in the traditional sense.

I started DE shaving about 6 months ago. The 34c is my only razor and used daily. I love it but am considering adding a Progress and then I'll have collection. At that point, I will then likely be complete unless a steal of a deal surfaces for a vintage during my travels.

I am not really into collecting and doubt ever will. It would be hard to refuse a good deal though on an old Gillette, especially an adjustable of some type.

Still using my 34c at leat once or twice a week. Love this razor although I is a little more aggressive than my Maggard MR6.

The 34C was my first razor as well, and it was a good razor to learn the whole DE way of shaving.

In terms of quality of the shaves, it was decent, but has now been replaced with my iKon 102 as my daily driver.

I might pass it on to a good friend who is looking into start shaving with a DE razor.

The 34C was my first razor as well, and it was a good razor to learn the whole DE way of shaving.

In terms of quality of the shaves, it was decent, but has now been replaced with my iKon 102 as my daily driver.

I might pass it on to a good friend who is looking into start shaving with a DE razor.

In the true spirit of B&B!! I'm sure they will enjoy it. Greatvstarter razor!!

Oddly my first purchases were the Futur and Feather 'popular'...both extreme ends of the spectrum of aggression - How odd is that ?? The 34C was probably my 5th purchase down the line. That said it is one that figures large in my rotation. The 'Popular' got used once and placed back in the cupboard to die of loneliness.

The 34C was the third razor I purchased after an Edwin Jagger DE89 and a Merkur 23C. The 34C is currently my daily driver, and I use it every day with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and find it to be the perfect balance of smoothness and sharpness for me.

I've had my eyes on ATT Razors for a while, especially the S1 head, but I just can't pull the trigger because I do not know if for 185$ I'm going to get better shaves. Maybe less passes? But would they be better? Maybe it could get me a touch closer easier? I dunno.
34C is awesome for me, I actually like it with Feathers too. I don't buy into "beginner's razor" for anything. As long as something works it works. Its easy button shaving for me.

My son-in-law has been using a 34C with Feather blades for about 7 years or more. It's the only DE he ever bought.

A 34G was my second DE. Initially my first, a SuperSpeed, was my favorite, but for several years now the 34G has been the only DE I use. Unlike my son-in-law, I rotate 3-4 blades in it.

I have a 34G that I bought in July 2008 as a Birthday Present to myself. Back then, after much research on B&B, it was touted as THE Essential Razor to have in everyone's shave-den. It is the only DE razor I have ever purchased new.

Even after 7 years, I still use it about once a week. Paired with a Derby blade, it is my go-to choice for a 1-day beard. In fact, it can tackle anything I throw at it, whether its been 24 hours or 24 days since my last shave.

When the question comes up as "What kit would you take to a Deserted Island?" I always include the 34G as my first choice.

Well I think I'll slap a blade into my 34g today for my birthday shave!!! But that mergress is really calling my name.... Decisions decisions...

My 34C was my second safety razor. The first was a Parker TTO-type in gunmetal gray. I found out that I just don't like TTOs, and the Parker is gone now. I dropped it and bent one of the doors.

The 34C was not liked much at first. I actually quit shaving with a safety razor and went back to the Mach III disposables with the other wet shaving methods intact. That didn't last too long...

I got an Edwin Jagger DE89 and a RazoRock Mission next. Much improvement with my technique ensued. I got a Merkur 37C slant. I used it exclusively for a month. I forayed into open combs (Old, NEW, Maggard, and FaTip), and found that I don't care for them either. I tried the 34C again and liked it.

Now my rotation is DE89, Missiom, 34C, and 37C. At this point in time, I feel that I prefer mild-to-mid aggressive closed-comb razors. More aggressive irritates me.

Today's shave: DE89 with Maggard MR22 handle, Personna Lab Blue blade, Cella. Had an irritation-free DFS+ shave, with NO sting from my Stirling Executive Man AS.

I have tried lots of stuff, and definitely found what works and does not work for me. The stuff that I don't like will be held on to for awhile, then I will try them again to make sure that it isn't a technique issue.

Top Bottom