What's new

Mens Wearhouse

Just had a very good experience at a local Men's Wearhouse. Needed to get a new suit for a funeral as I discovered my current suit no longer fit and was really not able to be tailored. Friday afternoon I walked in was measured and out the door in 30 minutes with assurances that I'd have one of the 2 suits by the time I headed up to the funeral Monday morning (Sunday afternoon). The next day,. Saturday, I get a call in the morning saying my suit is ready to be picked up and now I have one nice charcoal funeral suit 3 ties, and a navy blue suit that is ordered, for approx $637, tailoring fees included.

Not the greatest suits nor the greatest fit but for that price and time frame I'm pretty pleased. Especially in the very hectic prom season.

Not sure if they still do it or not, but used to be a free pressing at any Mens Wearhouse location nation wide. When I was going to job interviews all over hell and creation that was handy. Some of their stuff is overpriced...but I got great wear out of a grey suit I bought there in 2003. I could still wear it except..well I seem to have expanded in the middle LOL.

Not sure if they still do it or not, but used to be a free pressing at any Mens Wearhouse location nation wide. When I was going to job interviews all over hell and creation that was handy. Some of their stuff is overpriced...but I got great wear out of a grey suit I bought there in 2003. I could still wear it except..well I seem to have expanded in the middle LOL.

i might resemble that last remark. I still think they do the free pressing, and anything you've altered there can be repaired or altered again I believe for free. I have a pair of pants from there that I've had for years and have had a cuff resewn here an inseam repaired there, for free. I will admit some stores are better than others, I think that is more about the manager and the staff.

I love me some Men's Wearhouse. I buy sweaters that will never go out of fashion for cheap in the off season. I'll wait for a deal or a BOGO sale. I do the perfect fit club and just buy more.

I wear a chef coat and baggy chef pants most days but on those days that I need to dress up, I dress to impress and pull it off well. Their shoe selection vaires too much store to store and I have yet to find a pair of shoes that I liked a lot from them but everything else I'm good to go.

I have never needed the express tailoring but I'm glad they were able to take care of you. :)

I'll throw in my two cents for customer service: I went to the Mid Rivers Mall in St Peters MO (just outside StL) when my father passed a few weeks ago. I flew to StL expecting him to recover, and didn't take a suit with me. Because of several situations, the funeral followed only a couple of dies after he passed. The manager of the store greeted me as I came in the door, and due to the unusual circumstances had my pants hemmed while I waited at no extra charge. He also listened to me when I told him I just needed a basic suit for the occasion, and didn't try to upsell a more expensive suit. Really impressed with that store at least.

For $300+ I'd want a lot more than "not the best suit or the best fit".....

Yeah, I would never pay more than $200 for a Men's Warehouse suit. Shop around a bit. I just got a J. Crew Factory Thompson Voyager suit for like $260, plus about $40 for tailoring. 100% wrinkle resistant wool, and a decent cut.

Yeah, I would never pay more than $200 for a Men's Warehouse suit. Shop around a bit. I just got a J. Crew Factory Thompson Voyager suit for like $260, plus about $40 for tailoring. 100% wrinkle resistant wool, and a decent cut.

I got 2 for that price, and due to it being done in a day, I can come back and get a more exact fit. Also got 3 ties and a few other accessories in the purchase. the suits came out to around $250 a piece or so. The Pants actually fit very well, the coat is just ok, but then again I'd just been at our local haberdashery and had tried on a pinstripe suit that fit me really really well, though it was $700. The Haberdashery actually suggested I go that store due to my time constraints as they had very little in my size for suits, pant sizes no problem but only 2 with coats in the size I needed.
Regardless the funeral went off without a hitch and the suit performed as needed. Not mention my old suit fit my dad (being retired and on a very limited budget) perfectly so in the end it worked out really well.

I didn't have a very good experience with them. Went in, walked around for fifteen minutes and couldn't get any help. There were two other customers being waited on and five or six employees. I emailed and complained, never got a response back.

Top Bottom