What's new

New edge test: The HFT

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Chad's been a champion of the hanging thumb test for years. Fortunately, he has several spares.

You should be careful doing that- there is a bone inside that finger and if you hit it with the razor it could chip the edge....

Brian

This morning before coffee my kamisori passed the Hanging Finger Test. I was aiming for an HHT. Oh well.

I wouldn't say an idiot....while I haven't YET sliced my finger...I am finding that with these razors it only takes a split second of inattention to get bit....but still, you're a good sport for posting your mishap!

I have been there. I find that it does not really tell you how sharp that blade is as it is always sharp to the finger. Finger sharp does not equal shave ready!

Closed my razor ever so lightly on my knuckle today while cleaning up...."merely a flesh wound", but man these are forcing my to pay attention all the time!

LOL I was also there, with one of my straights, cleaning the oil off the blade with tissue paper , to strop it.

Live and learn, I only have to do it once, then I remember, and yes I learned for sure, treat razor always with care and respect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom