What's new

Esoterica Mix & Match deal @ P&C

If you can get to any of the major Pipe shows they usually have vendors there who have some for sale at reasonable prices. Its good but not $70 good.

I fail to see how $70 a pound could be considered a "deal". They can keep it at that price!!

If you can get to any of the major Pipe shows they usually have vendors there who have some for sale at reasonable prices. Its good but not $70 good.

I don't know if it's the low availability of Penzanze & Stonehaven or what ever else makes folks upset with Esoterica, but over priced is not the problem if you do the math. Peterson's LE = 87.75/lb, FVF = 68.50/lb, Frog Morton=70.17/lb, Squadron Leader=68.50/lb, Escudo=89.09/lb, Dunhill Delux Navy=129/lb. Love em or hate em, Esoterica is not out of line with other premium tobaccos where price alone is concerned. Just sayin....

I don't know if it's the low availability of Penzanze & Stonehaven or what ever else makes folks upset with Esoterica, but over priced is not the problem if you do the math. Peterson's LE = 87.75/lb, FVF = 68.50/lb, Frog Morton=70.17/lb, Squadron Leader=68.50/lb, Escudo=89.09/lb, Dunhill Delux Navy=129/lb. Love em or hate em, Esoterica is not out of line with other premium tobaccos where price alone is concerned. Just sayin....
Great post! Never did the math, myself. Seeing it in print is eye opening.

HEY! The villagers require their torches and pitchforks when P&C sells Esoterica, don't rain on their parade! :lol:

Of course you could turn it around and say that those other blends are sold in tins, which changes their market value (if not their smoking value) compared to the bags that Esoterica 8oz volumes are packaged in, but then we could compare to Boswell Pipes bulk English blends at $68/lb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Esoterica 8oz bags are sealed mylar or something, acceptable for cellaring without opening, right?

I prefer less expensive, more available blends, but I agree that you really can't call them out on their prices.

HEY! The villagers require their torches and pitchforks when P&C sells Esoterica, don't rain on their parade! :lol:

Of course you could turn it around and say that those other blends are sold in tins, which changes their market value (if not their smoking value) compared to the bags that Esoterica 8oz volumes are packaged in, but then we could compare to Boswell Pipes bulk English blends at $68/lb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Esoterica 8oz bags are sealed mylar or something, acceptable for cellaring without opening, right?

I prefer less expensive, more available blends, but I agree that you really can't call them out on their prices.

You can also make a case that the other blends (tins only) don't offer any kind of bulk option, but then you would be saying something nice about the Esoterica brand and upsetting the villagers again.LOL Yes Esoterica's 8oz bags are sealed mylar and should cellar just fine, but I prefer to put them in mason jars to protect against critters and the bags seem rather delicate to me. As hard as the ones I like are to come by, I would hate to go after my 5 year old Stonehaven and find that a mouse had used it to make a nest. LOL

Top Bottom