What's new

Amazon Prime Music

Gents, I just 'discovered' this service a few days ago. Evidently Amazon announced it as part of Amazon Prime subscription service about a year ago. Likely I just missed the notification or ignored it altogether. And reviews at first were spotty. Limited tracks and artists.

So Thursday whilst I was sick at home I was thinking of some background music to rest by. None of my Pandora channels appealed at the moment so I was clicking down the menu option on the Fire Tv and happened to rest on the 'Music' icon. Well I knew Amazon had one nice service I was aware of. If you buy a CD they will add a digital copy to your music options in said menu. It is kind of nice. Well right below the two CDs I had bought there was an icon promoting Prime Music. After a bit of reading I hied me away to Amazon.com and started looking for artists to add. There is now a fairly decent selection of artists and tracks. Some obvious big names were missing like Led Zeppelin but by the time I was looking they had added U2 which was not available at opening according to reviews. I also selected a good number of Junior Brown albums and found the latest Dwight Yoakum CD, Second Hand Heart. A very good effort on his part. Some Bob Dylan sounds and a bit of U2 I thought in a few of the tracks. But it is certainly Dwight. Another nice touch is that many of the songs come with scrolling lyrics as well. This is a service well worth looking at if you are a Prime member already. You cannot beat free!

I use Amazon Prime music through my Echo pretty often. It's got a reasonable selection of material. If you go very deep into less popular stuff, it's missing a fair bit...but among popular things, there is decent coverage (and they seem to add material constantly). I also signed up for the Amazon Music service (basically is just unlimited music storage), so I've got my whole library on tap when I'm remote as well.

I have it but hardly ever use it. I have used it occasionally to test out Dave Brubeck tracks before I buy a CD or download mp3's, but with 40+ hours of DBQ already in my iTunes or iPod, prime music isn't worth the effort for me. It's easier for me to just open iTunes. My wife hates Brubeck, but my iPod also has 500+ '50-60's oldies to keep her content. Prime music would have come in handy a few years ago before I compiled all these.

I have Prime music but I find myself listening to free Pandora more often because it seems like they have a greater variety.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I usually find a lot of music on prime and download it to make a play list. Love it and lots of music to choose from

Top Bottom