What's new

Bay Rum burn.Cat O'Nine Tails vs VIBR?

The descriptions I read for Captain's Choice Cat O Nine Tails sounds like it burns with the fire of 1000 suns. I've read similar comments about Pinaud VIBR (which I have and enjoy). How do the two compare? I'm not talking about scent, I'm talking about fire power. Which has the harsher burn?

I'm considering Co9T, but want to make sure I know exactly what I'm in for before I take the plunge.

I've only used the Cat O' Nine Tails. On Wednesday of this week, I went 3 pass BBS, then finished with CO9T. Never again. Don't get me wrong, love the product, but will only be used after DFS shaving henceforth.

Can't talk to VIBR, but my other 3 - 4 Clubman offerings don't come anywhere near the burn the Captain formulated into his offering.

I find that Cat O' Nine Tails has a burn that stays longer and starts after being applied. Both are good performers in my opinion. I have used both this week and did not feel much bite from either of them.

It's not just the initial burn but the increasing intensity for a couple of minutes with the C9T...amazing product. Love it! I have VIbR also and it too is great but just not C9T intense.

CO9T has more burn than VIBR. However, on my face Ogallala Special Reserve Double Strength has more burn than CO9T, almost to the point of being painful. The bottle even carries a warning: "Warning! Contents are potent. Not for sissies!"

--Bob

CO9T has more burn than VIBR. However, on my face Ogallala Special Reserve Double Strength has more burn than CO9T, almost to the point of being painful. The bottle even carries a warning: "Warning! Contents are potent. Not for sissies!"

--Bob
+1
love the sr double strength
co9t great
vibr still smells the best

cant go wrong with any of them!

But the Ogallala is technically not an aftershave. It's a cologne.

They call it a cologne, but the first ingredient listed on the bottle is witch hazel. Also, the directions say to "apply generously."

And while the scent is stronger than the typical bay rum aftershave, it certainly is not as strong as a cologne or EdT.

--Bob

They call it a cologne, but the first ingredient listed on the bottle is witch hazel. Also, the directions say to "apply generously."

And while the scent is stronger than the typical bay rum aftershave, it certainly is not as strong as a cologne or EdT.

--Bob
+1
it is very good as an aftershave. Strong for a bay rum, but that is still not overpowering. Does not last as long as vibr on me. Close though. Different odor.

To me, VIBR is a "sting" more than a "burn". It flares up immediately upon contact and then eases down.

Co9T is a true "burn" that ratchets up in intensity from the moment of application to a minute or so after.

I love both!

Update: I traded a spare bottle of Captain's Choice Bay Rum for a bottle of Co9T. Should be here Wednesday, so I'll get to feel the burn for myself Thursday. I'm both excited and scared at the same time!

I want to try it but did not want to commit to a whole bottle so I ordered the sampler pack. I'll give my thoughts later when it arrives.

I like the burn of vibr, and since I enjoy that kind of thing, I ordered several bayrum samples from barclaycrocker. One was co9t. Jeezus h that one burns, but I prefer the scent of vibr. Enjoying the burn is up there with menthol mania, and freezing your mug with Snakebite or Osage rub. Love the minor pain they provide. I have a problem here, but from reading posts from other B&B ers, so do many others. Oh the joys and pleasures of shaving we relish.

Top Bottom