What's new

Can anyone put some approx dates to these straights

Today I was at a buddies house and his elderly neighbor stopped by. I was talking about how I just picked up a few Kamisori razors off the bay yesterday at a good price. (No one else bid. Nice). He mentioned that he had a couple of razors from his grandpa that he didn't use. He proceeded to go home and fetch them. When he came back he gave me them just happy that I collected them and would use them. One is an H. Boker Edelweiss 5/8 that needs new scales and a 13/16" Wade and Butcher that has a chunk out of the end. Both will clean up nicely with a bit of work. Just wondering if someone can put some dates/history to these bad boys. Thanks.
$image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certainly not one who know anything like the other guys here....but that looks like a pretty good "the neighbor gave me these" score...Wade&Butcher and Boker are both names I've come to recognize....I would think they would clean up.

Agreed. The W&B is nice if you can get the chip worked out. I'd ask and see if anyone here can help with that. The Boker seems to be in better shape. New scales and a nice hone and your set. Whippeddog has some salvaged scales. I'm sure Larry would have something that would go nicely with that blade.

Top Bottom