What's new

Is this the product which gave birth to the idea of flexball technology?

Hello there,

I was googling around for vaccuum cleaners and this is what I came across. Could dyson ball be the origin for gillette's flexball technology? Dyson ball dc25 vaccuum cleaner was released in 2008-2009 i guess. I can't confirm the exact date but it seems it was released before flexball. if that is the case, just like apple went against samsung, are we looking at a potential lawsuit between these two companies?

$toy_dyson_ball3.jpg$gillette-razor-subscription-fusion-proglide-flexball-technology-3.jpg

No lawsuit, one is a vacuum cleaner, one is a razor,

One sucks and the other....

Errrr, maybe a lawsuit is coming! :lol:

marty

No lawsuit, one is a vacuum cleaner, one is a razor,

One sucks and the other....

Errrr, maybe a lawsuit is coming! :lol:

marty

but its the handle we are talking about :tongue_sm. I thought the very same thing first. But then there is a possibility, if dyson does accuse gillette on stealing their handle technology.:001_rolle

Funny, my EJ89 has assured I will never go back to my cordless Norelco. Conversely, my cordless Dyson has assured I'll never go back to my plug in Hoover. Sometimes new fangled is great, sometimes not.

Scott

Apple and samsung compete. Dyson and Gillette don't.

Just read the patent registered to dyson. Dyson has accused samsung already for copying their "maneuvering" idea but at the sametime they have said that instead of going into lawsuits and spending their profits there, its better to place that profit in more research. Now that is something I can respect. Gillette can also be accused for copying maneuvering idea but then again, dyson has no interest in that.

It's just a matter of time, before Gillette electrifies their Flexball razor. The next-generation Flexball, more flexible and powerfull. Only $15 more.

Just read the patent registered to dyson. Dyson has accused samsung already for copying their "maneuvering" idea but at the sametime they have said that instead of going into lawsuits and spending their profits there, its better to place that profit in more research. Now that is something I can respect. Gillette can also be accused for copying maneuvering idea but then again, dyson has no interest in that.

Right, but in that lawsuit Samsung was making Vacuums - specifically vacuum designs allegedly ripped off from Dyson. Though I was vague in my earlier post, my perhaps poorly-made point was that the Fusion is not taking money away from Dyson, whereas in a phone dispute, the argument is easily made that money is being lost by one of the parties because of the other's use of the technology. Of course, I'm no lawyer (obviously).

I have my doubts that Dyson would sue a razor company unless the next-gen razor has batteries that suck up the foam and cut whiskers.

Top Bottom