What's new

Star Wars Trailer 2

Star Wars was one of the defining movies of my generation. I was ten years old in 1977, pretty much the perfect age and imagination level for the movie. I was lucky enough to see it at the "big screen" at the Edwards Newport Beach theatre. It was also my first experience of movie mass-marketing. I bought the comic books, action figures, and so on (difficult, on my allowance at the time).

Unfortunately, the original movie had a magic to it that the later ones never possessed. The first movie was rough and simple, nothing overly absurd. The special effects were so-so, but the rest of the scenery was well-designed, the right amounts of light and colour, and more room for personal imagination.

The Star Wars movie was inspired by an old Japanese samurai film called "The Hidden Fortress". The samurai flick has nothing to do with outer space, aliens, or robots, but there is a princess, a disguised general, and two unlikely helpers, whose characters, and even some lines, were used in the Star Wars movie.

I am looking forward to the next movie, I pray it is not as empty-headed and predictable as some of the other movies have been.

Star Wars was one of the defining movies of my generation. I was ten years old in 1977, pretty much the perfect age and imagination level for the movie. I was lucky enough to see it at the "big screen" at the Edwards Newport Beach theatre. It was also my first experience of movie mass-marketing. I bought the comic books, action figures, and so on (difficult, on my allowance at the time).

Unfortunately, the original movie had a magic to it that the later ones never possessed. The first movie was rough and simple, nothing overly absurd. The special effects were so-so, but the rest of the scenery was well-designed, the right amounts of light and colour, and more room for personal imagination.

The Star Wars movie was inspired by an old Japanese samurai film called "The Hidden Fortress". The samurai flick has nothing to do with outer space, aliens, or robots, but there is a princess, a disguised general, and two unlikely helpers, whose characters, and even some lines, were used in the Star Wars movie.

I am looking forward to the next movie, I pray it is not as empty-headed and predictable as some of the other movies have been.

JJ Abrams said just about the same thing you just did...hopefully he will live up to his word.

Have you ever seen "The Hidden Fortress"? Great movie! Not easy to find but worth it. It's the name I gave to my home WiFi.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hmmm...past Star Wars movies viewed have you...my old padawan?

proxy.php
"You must [unwatch] what you have [watched]". Yoda

Last edited:
Top Bottom