What's new

Dogs are the best

$Tikvah Head2.jpg

Over the years I have had one cat and 8 dogs. The cat lived to be 19. If I ponder that cat over a glass of Makers 46 Bourbon I can vaguely
recall her. Of the 8 dogs, 6 have passed from this vale of tears. I can remember moments with them...some over 40 years ago.....that stop me cold in my tracks and either bring a smile to my face or a tear to my eye. A dog will die for you out of love and loyalty. A cat will not. I like cats. I love dogs.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Dog are great companions.

They are the best hunting partners, after taking the shot they don't ask for the back steaks.........well their eye may say otherwise.
pointing and indicating a game animal and even retrieving a it from the water after shooting.
They are used for work e.g. drug dogs, Customs sniffer dogs, bomb dog, dogs for the blind, helpers for the disabled and guard dogs.

I love dogs too. Great thread, keep it going. Here is a photo of my boys. The dog on the left is a Pointer, the dog on the right is a German shorthair.

$IMG_0228.jpg

When I went to the hospital, my wife told me that my dog took up residence just inside the front door. That dog would not eat or sleep anywhere else. Six weeks later she was right there when I finally showed up. I had to sit on the front porch for a while so she wouldn't knock me over with her excitement. I had to use a walker for a while and she followed that thing around like she was tied to it.

She's eleven years old now, was diagnosed with cancer last week, and I am glad to give her the non-stop petting she seems to never tire of.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Over the years I have had one cat and 8 dogs. The cat lived to be 19. If I ponder that cat over a glass of Makers 46 Bourbon I can vaguely
recall her. Of the 8 dogs, 6 have passed from this vale of tears. I can remember moments with them...some over 40 years ago.....that stop me cold in my tracks and either bring a smile to my face or a tear to my eye. A dog will die for you out of love and loyalty. A cat will not. I like cats. I love dogs.

As a dog and cat lover owning many of both....I totally disagree. I love them both knowing that each are different and Gods gift to us.

Dogs are unique in that they have co-evolved with humans and exist as a species solely due to human patronage. In addition, their genus is inherently social and pack based.

Cats were domesticated more recently. Much more independent and solitary.

As a dog and cat lover owning many of both....I totally disagree. I love them both knowing that each are different and Gods gift to us.

People always compare cats to dogs, it is like comparing a donkey to a cow. Or, one would say it is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both valuable and wonderful creatures, respectively different, and possessing their own strengths. I love dogs and I love cats.

Well said, currently only have 2 cats as I travel and don't have time for a dog, but grew up with 2 of them and owned 5 when I was married, the hardest part of all of this is realizing that horrible time you have to say goodbye to them, if you haven't seen it, watch "Marley and me" best pet movie ever and so realistic, I dare you not to blubber at the end!

Top Bottom