What's new

Just ordered a NEW Deluxe off etsy.

what can I say? RAD has me in its spell.

I just got a British RFB NEW a few months ago and find that I am loving it. I had a long-comb NEW in the past, but sold it for no apparent reason. I have a Tuckaway that has the NEW Improved head. I had a two-piece NEW Deluxe but sold it (didn't want the two-piece; like to use the heads on my Tradere and UFO handles). Also have an Ikon Deluxe OC, but it has a bit of a wavy-blade problem.

Anyway, I've been jonesing for a 3-piece NEW Deluxe head so I can compare it with my RFB British NEW and my NEW Improved.

The weird part is, I can't imagine it could possibly be better than the RFB NEW, but I just couldn't resist the purchase! Is there any help for me? Does anybody think it might actually surpass my RFB NEW?

Congrats, Randall. You'll love it. :thumbup1:

The RFB is a fabulous shaver, very efficient and remarkably smooth. It's certainly not easy to surpass such a great design.

That being said, I prefer the Deluxe. It's a bit more aggressive, it has a distinct blade feeling, something I don't notice when I use the RFB.

I'd say it'll be more similar to the New Improved than to the RFB NEW. The RFB is slightly smoother, but I prefer the extra efficiency of the Deluxe.

I'm the opposite from Edgar. For me the NEW DeLuxe head is just a bit too harsh for my liking, where the RFB head is sublime. At the end of the day, you're the only one who can decide what you like, though. And the only way to find that out is to try one.

I'm the opposite from Edgar. For me the NEW DeLuxe head is just a bit too harsh for my liking, where the RFB head is sublime. At the end of the day, you're the only one who can decide what you like, though. And the only way to find that out is to try one.

I like them both!:001_cool:

The RFB is my all-time favorite, but the 17mm Deluxe is pretty awesome ...

They are BOTH my favorite razor. I tend to favor whichever one I used last, if that counts for anything. I feel like every time I use one I'm like, "dang, that shave was great. I may prefer the (RFB/Deluxe) over the other." Then I shave with the other one and think the same thing. I don't know if I'll ever choose one over the other...

Congrats on the score, and I look forward to hearing what you think when you've gotten the chance to compare.

I'm not much for posting pictures, but even if I were, I couldn't post a pic now, because I don't have the razor yet. Just paid for it yesterday.

Maybe when it gets here I'll do a pic with it, my RFB NEW, my NEW Improved Tuckaway, and my iKon Deluxe OC.

Maybe.

I'm not much for posting pictures, but even if I were, I couldn't post a pic now, because I don't have the razor yet. Just paid for it yesterday.

Maybe.
Maybe when it gets here I'll do a pic with it, my RFB NEW, my NEW Improved Tuckaway, and my iKon Deluxe OC.
Congrats. You know what they say here! Without photos, it did not happen.

Maybe.
Did you decide yet? :p

Maybe.

I am with you, I am not much of a picture guy. I have posted I think three things and that doesn't even put a dent on my collection:laugh:

They say "No pictures, it didn't happen" encourage me more not to post:laugh:

Are we measuring private parts? :laugh:

Furthermore, when you do post pictures, you get 9 comments and it is forgotten, so what is the point if only 9 people are going to look at it:001_huh:

Last edited:
The RFB is a fabulous shaver, very efficient and remarkably smooth. It's certainly not easy to surpass such a great design.

That being said, I prefer the Deluxe. It's a bit more aggressive, it has a distinct blade feeling, something I don't notice when I use the RFB.

I'd say it'll be more similar to the New Improved than to the RFB NEW. The RFB is slightly smoother, but I prefer the extra efficiency of the Deluxe.
I've seen lots of comparisons between the New Deluxe and the RFB NEW, but I can't seem to find a post comparing the flat bottom NEW and the RFB NEW. The reason I'm asking is that I just bought a flat bottom NEW (7 o'clock) off the GDF and I'm wondering if an RFB is sufficiently different to warrant a purchase. I've already got a US LC NEW, SC NEW, Goodwill, and a Single Ring. I thought I also had a New Improved, but sadly, I don't.

Yeah, I know, look at the people I'm asking ;-) I know I need an RFB, but do I "need" one?

Yeah, I know, look at the people I'm asking ;-) I know I need an RFB, but do I "need" one?

:laugh:

Of course you need an RFB, Rudy. :tongue_sm Seriously, you do.

IMO the RFB is more efficient, without compromising the smoothness. It's really a fantastic design.

The Flat Bottoms are very nice razors, extremely smooth and efficient as well, but I prefer the RFB.

Top Bottom