What's new

NHL Playoffs predictions . who wins the West?

Which team will be the Western Conference finalist?

• Anaheim Ducks

• Winnipeg Jets

• Vancouver Canucks

• Calgary Flames

• St Louis Blues

• Minnesota Wild

• Nashville Predators

• Chicago Black Hawks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The playoffs start tonight! Predictions, chaps? Since we don't have a 16-option poll, I can't do a poll for "who will win the cup?", but we can do conference finalists and then do the cup winner poll after the first round is over.

Explain your guesses! Let's have some fun with this!

I'm pulling for, and voted for, the Wild. It all comes down to whether Devan Dubnyk can keep up the same level of play he's had since he landed here. If the power play can get on track, they have a good chance of making it through the West.

Unfortunately, they open the playoffs against the Blues. I see the winner of this series making it out of the West.

The Hawks...because they are the Hawks! Also because Kaner is back and I'm hoping they will all play with reckless abandon because the championship window with this core is closing after the season.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS . . . simply because they have the BEST unis in ALL of pro sport.

It's also an interesting story of how they came up with the logo. Here's a brief snippet from an article online:

For those unfamiliar with the history of the Blackhawks name, here's a quick history via The New York Times: "The Blackhawks’ founder was Maj. Frederic McLaughlin, whose family owned Manor House Coffee, a popular brand in the first half of the 20th century. McLaughlin named the team after the Blackhawk division, a unit he helped lead as an officer in the Army. It was formed during World War I, but the war ended before the unit, or McLaughlin, saw action. The unit was named for a Sauk and Fox American Indian leader who fought against the United States government in the War of 1812 and in 1832." (For more on Chief Black Hawk, click here.) The team's immmensly popular Blackhawks Indian head logo was created by Irene Castle, wife of McLaughlin, in 1926 at the team’s inception into the NHL.
Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...s-logo-okay-washington-redskins-racist-149937

I can't believe the Blackhawks came back to win the game last night. Talk about stealing a game.

Also, why do Chicago fans stand and clap during the National Anthem? At one point it looked like there was going to be a fight because of it.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The correct answer is.............

the Rangers in the finals

I can't believe the Blackhawks came back to win the game last night. Talk about stealing a game.

Also, why do Chicago fans stand and clap during the National Anthem? At one point it looked like there was going to be a fight because of it.

It started in 1985 during a playoff game, no one is really sure why. But the feel-good story is that it really took hold during the 1991 All-Star game at the old Chicago Stadium which took place just days after the start of Desert Storm.

Some people consider it disrespectful, but I don't.

Edit: Here is the origin story, best anyone can figure http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/s...rned-into-a-blackhawks-rallying-cry.html?_r=0

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a reason the old Chicago Stadium was dubbed the Madhouse on Madison. Owner Bill Wirtz used to claim that there were only 20,000 hockey fans in Chicago, but every last one of them came out to watch the Blackhawks.

I propose a friendly wager about the outcome of the Wild--Blackhawks series (if we're allowed to do that. If not, sorry, Mods). Those rooting for the losing team need to rock the Veg until a teams lifts Lord Stanley's Cup. It won't be hard for us long married guys if we stink so bad our wives won't come near us. I'm not sure I'd take the bet if I were a newlywed.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I propose a friendly wager about the outcome of the Wild--Blackhawks series (if we're allowed to do that. If not, sorry, Mods). Those rooting for the losing team need to rock the Veg until a teams lifts Lord Stanley's Cup. It won't be hard for us long married guys if we stink so bad our wives won't come near us. I'm not sure I'd take the bet if I were a newlywed.

This is totally legal Dave-I would make another wager post so everyone sees it. I will take the bet only because Chicago has home ice. :thumbup:

Top Bottom