What's new

NHL Playoffs predictions . who wins the East?

Which team will be the Eastern Conference finalist?

• Montreal Canadiens

• Ottawa Senators

• Tampa Bay Lighting

• Detroit Red Wings

• NY Rangers

• Pittsburgh Penguins

• Washington Capitals

• NY Islanders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The playoffs start tonight! Predictions, chaps? Since we don't have a 16-option poll, I can't do a poll for "who will win the cup?", but we can do conference finalists and then do the cup winner poll after the first round is over.

Explain your guesses! Let's have some fun with this!

Voting with my heart, I'll say the Rangers. They have the best record in hockey, a lot of quality players, and good goaltending. Unfortunately, if they run into a hot goalie on another team, they'll be in for it.

I took the Rangers because there is NO WAY in HE double hockey sticks that I am choosing the Habs without a GUN to my head.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Voting with my heart, I'll say the Rangers. They have the best record in hockey, a lot of quality players, and good goaltending. Unfortunately, if they run into a hot goalie the Rangers can't mangle onto injured reserve on another team, they'll be in for it.

"FTFY"

--Carey Price

I took the Rangers because there is NO WAY in HE double hockey sticks that I am choosing the Habs without a GUN to my head.

Leafs fans ... gotta love 'em!

If Halak can be solid (he's been anything but), I like my Isles' chances against any team in the East except the Habs. The Isles did not play well against Montreal at all this season. However, in a tournament where lower seeds beat favorites year in and year out, I don't put much stock into the idea that the Islanders will struggle just because they cooled off the last month of the season.

i'll put my hat in for the caps. i haven't seen much to make me think this playoff run is different than the last couple, but if holtby can not be sick and catch a little fire, ovy maybe plays some nhl 96 in the playoffs and not just the regular season and who knows? nothing against the isles fans already weighed in, just homering it up.

Nothing against the Hawks - first team I ever started watching really - but having gone to school close to Nashville and having gone to several Preds games I'm rooting for them to at least make it to conference finals! Though it'll be rough getting past Anaheim, who I expect to also make it to the conference finals. I think the Rangers may take it this year!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Doc:
Tough loss for my home-team Detroit (I'm a Michigander at heart...born & raised in East Lansing), but I'm still a Caps fan, hey...you gotta support the team that's nearest to your location!. :laugh:

"Rock the Red"! Washington Capitals Motto

proxy.php
Braden Holtby has been playing very good and steady (angles covered, aggressiveness, rebound control and being 'square to the shooter' ect...), lately 'between the pipes', but I 'feel' that Ovi, Backstrom, Green, Ward & Company need (and maybe others...as well), not worry what happened in the past years, but to 'step up to the plate & focus' and be able to sweep the Rangers in 4.
proxy.php

Read More : http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth (Because It’s the Cup)”!! NHL Official Slogan[/FONT]

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Tough break for the Wings, losing the last two games to TB.... I can't see the Rangers losing the series to Washington ... the big question in the east is whether Montreal can finally beat TB (didn't beat them once this season ... after sweeping them in the playoffs last year!)

big win for the caps on thursday. i'm excited the way they are playing. they are getting the breaks that they haven't in recent years. game's getting under way here again today. GO CAPS!

So, are the Rangers done? I know it's only 2-1 Tampa Bay, but they look like the better team and Lundqvist looks like the lesser goalie in the series.

I'm way late to this, but I picked the Rangers to win in my bracket. I'm surprised to see zero votes for Tampa. I mean, I didn't expect them to take the East, but they're a good team. Obviously. I'm still of the belief that NY will take the east.

Just checked the score from last night, and looks like NY made a statement that they're far from out of this.

Top Bottom