What's new

Fountain pen PIF

Sorry, no I couldn't see anything with the loupe, at least to my laymen eyes. I'll have the box packed up and out Monday. Just had a few things come up.

Just a note- that Parker will only work with Parker cartridges (or a parker converter)- a Lamy cart won't work. That was probably the problem (or most of it). Last time I used it it worked fine with a Parker cart.

The box arrived safely and I went through most of the pens and ink last night. I'll give a better report later, but wanted to update everyone on the status of the box. Hoping to get it shipped out possibly tomorrow to Neffarious (pm sent requesting address).

I promised you guys a better post about my time with the box. I dipped every pen in the diamine black. I only have a few cheap pens, so the soft gold nibs were interesting to experiment with. Funny though, I ended up using the bird pen to sample the inks. I dipped and sampled all the bottles and found a few colors I'll probably order at some point. I shipped the box out to Neffarious last week, so he should have it soon, if not already. Here are a few pics...
$File_001.jpg$File_003.jpg

I have it and it should be going out shortly. I added aParker IM Premium Fountain Pen, Medium Point, Chiseled Gun Metal and extracted the parker rialto that was in there :) Tried a whole lot of inks, and I found I really liked one of the browns. No pics from me ;)

Just got the box in the mail from Neffarious, I'll work through the pens this weekend and hopefully ship the box out Monday.

$uploadfromtaptalk1446836374255.jpg
After preliminary testing on break at work, I'm partial to the Parker added by Neffarious, however the nib seems a bit scratchy, the Schaeffer, it writes very smooth and the Esterbrook, a lot lighter than I like in a pen but writes nice, and that Nikita Red is killer.

Greetings gents. I am flipping through this thread and don't see that the pass-around has been closed. May I be added please?

I helped jumpstart the fragrance box redux here recently so if I need to be vouched for, that can be done.

Box is on its way to Chadtheguru, slim62 asked to be skipped. I took the shaeffer and a couple vials of ink. Unfortunately I didn't have anything to add back to the box, however there is still plenty there. I cleaned all the pens, didn't take most of em all the way apart so there still might be a bit of ink in a few.

Top Bottom