What's new

RAD Week.3 Razors in the Mail

Here is the first of the 3 razors I know I will receive this week (1 maybe, maybe not).
It is one heck of a week! I admit...I am excited to have this many arriving in such short order.

Razor 1: Dovo Bergischer Lowe 5/8
$IMG_1914.jpg

Day 2: Nate's Straights 11/16 1/4 hollow. This thing really is a masterpiece. While yesterday's Dovo is very well crafted and looks fantastic...
The level of attention to detail on this razor really is at another level. It is shear perfection from the book matched scales to the very subtle and gentle smile of the blade. Even the finish is perfectly even from the tip of the toe through the tail. Honestly....I can't say enough about how pleased I am with it's overall fit and finish. If it shaves half as good as it looks, this will be a treat indeed!

presentation is half the meal....
$IMG_1917.jpg
The goods!
$IMG_1918.jpg

Day 3: Wade and Butcher Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor, 7/8. This one I picked up off of a private sale and it has been restored. The scales are nice and I like the stacked washers as well as the double pinning. The blade is pre-1891, but other than that I don't know much more about it. Any insights would be welcomed!
This one came less than shave ready, but with no chips or other problems that required a lot of work. I gave it about 20 rolling x-strokes on the 1k with no real pressure, then went through the 4k/8k/12k progression and the edge came to life without any issues. I used 1 layer of tape to protect the spine, as this razor really exhibits little to no major wear.

Here she is!
$IMG_1920.jpg

Top Bottom