What's new

Aftershave samples review

Floid Vigoroso:
Ok I know these posts are close together- i tried Suave yesterday and Vigoroso today.
Holy.....crap.. What the.... hay----- Someone decided to take Suave and make it stronger. ugh
Well I'm sure it was probably the other way around, Suave is the soft one and Vigoroso is the strong one.
This is exactly the same as Suave except stronger. Same Lysol scent- same powder linger. This one did have a stronger Menthol bite.
So if you like powder these last two are for you. Sensitive skin use the Suave, everyone else use the Vigoroso.
(May remind me of my Grandma's bathroom- may remind someone else of their Grandfather's hug)
Enjoy- I won't

Floid Vigoroso is strong for sure. I like it however I have not used it much since I have been sampling all the perfumes

Pinaud Clubman:
This to me smells like the classic barber shop smell. It has a sweet oily scent(but is by no means oily-mostly alcohol and very drying). Plus a talc powder smell. This powder is not as strong as either of the Floid Vigoroso or Suave. If you like barber shop smell this one is for you.(Smells like a fresh haircut)

Pinaud Bay Rum:
I like this one. Has more of a clove and cinnamon scent than bay leaf. Also has a slight powder smell to it.(perhaps this is always a part of pinaud) but not as powdery as the clubman nor the musk. Scent lasts a decent amount of time. Scent fades but I did smell it in the shower late the same day.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these samples. It really helps me when making a decision to try a new splash. It's also good reading :thumbup:.
You are welcome, I'm glad I could help out. Of course everyone has had different experiences growing up, so what one person likes another may not. I'm enjoying my journey through the sample field. I have always loved scents. It may be my favourite sense. I hate though that there are so many people today with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) that I cannot really enjoy it as much without worrying of offending or harming someone.

You are welcome, I'm glad I could help out. Of course everyone has had different experiences growing up, so what one person likes another may not. I'm enjoying my journey through the sample field. I have always loved scents. It may be my favourite sense. I hate though that there are so many people today with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) that I cannot really enjoy it as much without worrying of offending or harming someone.

I agree with you regarding my favorite sense as well. Smelling things has always affected my mood and influenced creativity. The scent of things has also been tied very closely with years of memories. If you like, we have a thread going where we are discussing fragrance samples. Feel free to pop by.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/449361-Fragrance-Samples-Discussion-Thread

Pinaud Citrus Musk:
This one is really nice. The lemony scent hits you right away, then you have the sweet musky smell. Lasts a decent amount of time, lemon scent sticks throughout.

Pinaud Special Reserve:
First thing I noticed here was a skunky perfume smell (Now I know most people hear skunk and think ewww. However I never had that reaction to skunks. I always found that I didn't mind the smell of skunks. Almost liked it. Don't get me wrong it can be overwhelming when you pass over a dead one, but isn't the stink that a lot of people say) Anyway- It was very bold, not feminine at all. It toned down quickly and was a very woody smell. Maybe cedar(?) Very nice scent. The wood carried throughout the day.
Don't let the idea of skunk smell detract you. This one is definitely worth trying if you like a bold scent.

Last edited:
Pinaud Lime Sec:
Definitely a citrus blast. Very Lime, with a middle note of floral sweetness, maybe lavender(?) Lime scent continues throughout day.

Pinaud Vanilla:
Vanilla. Nothing more. Just smells like sweet vanilla sugar. Doesn't last too long.

Next up- will be the Veg.
I have yet to have any experience with this scent. I have always loved lilacs, they may be my favourite flower.
I guess we will see how it goes.

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal:
OK. So in the spirit of the Veg I decided to do a video of my first experience:
[video]https://plus.google.com/photos/111177067733362453505/albums/6145100255039726689[/video]
So definitely a little powder and some Lilac sweetness.
I'll update to let you know
you let me know if video works.
Not sure if i got it right

Last edited:
Top Bottom