What's new

Quick, your last five meals.

The Vogons announce that Earth is about to be obliterated to make way for a new galactic Wal-Mart. Quick, what are your last five meals? And don't give me any crap about how you don't care, so long as your family is with you. These are YOUR last meals, not your Mommy's. Home cooked or from KFC, don't matter, but they are your last five meals.

Here are mine:

1. BBQ pork shoulder with KY style spicy vinegar sauce
2. A good handmade pizza, with a spicy sauce, sausage, mushrooms, and onions
3. A hunk of proper salt cured country ham, with homemade biscuits, gravy, grits, sliced tomatoes, and eggs over medium
4. Meatloaf with ketchup glaze, plenty of onion and green pepper in the mix, mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade yeast rolls
5. A thanksgiving feast, with turkey, dressing, and all the usual side dishes

1. Lou Malnati's pizza, Chicago, IL
2. Rips Chicken, Ladd, IL
3. Al & Leda's PIzza, Dixon, IL
4. Schlafly Bottleworks Bison-Chorizo Meatloaf, St. Louis, MO
5. Jamaican jerk pork, Jamaica

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
1. Double decker jalapeño cheese burger, crispy fries with hot sauce ketchup.
2. Texas BBqed brisket, pork sausage, German potato salad and a side of pork ribs.
3. Oysters on the half shell, peel'em and eat'em shrimp cocktail, Mexican margarita.
4. Braised short ribs, mash potatoes and glass of BV George's de Latour wine.
5. 2 fried eggs over easy topped with Texas Red Chili, hash browns, toast with butter and fig jam, Costa Rica Coffee, bacon.

Honorable mention: My favorite hot sauce on anything.

Last edited:
1. Tapas in Seville. A plate of boquerones, some albondigas, lots of pork and cheese and sausage with gallons of garlic olive oil. Olives and almonds by the bushel. Accompanied by a fine selection of fino, Amontillado and manzanilla sherry's and a little Vino de la Costa
2. Mince n tatties that taste exactly like my dad used to make. A square sausage sandwich and a bacon sandwich on white bread with ketchup while I'm waiting. Washed down by tea, then a nice pint of heavy.
3. Duck confit on the banks of the Dordogne. Foie gras with truffles. Maybe a cassoulet. Start with some cidre before downing the best Bergerac I can find.
4. Sushi and sashimi in Japan. Need to do it at least once. Might as well be as the world ends.

5. Christmas dinner in Britain, with turkey and prime rib, made by me. Roast potatoes and dauphinoise and mashed, baked carrots, chipolata sausages cooked in the turkey juices. Sprouts and bacon. More bacon. Followed by my mum's Christmas pudding with whipped heavy cream. Washed down with various wines - a Cava or Champagne to start, a Chateauneuf de pape here, a Margaux there, a Rioja to seal it off. Then follow it up with a properly matured Christmas cake, marzipan covered and thick rock hard icing, with those little semi inedible silver ball decorations, and a nice cup of tea.
Maybe some cheese and crackers in case I'm feeling peckish. And walnuts. And Theakston Old Peculier.

At which point my world may well end, impending global catastrophe or not.

1. Weißwurst and Spätzle
2. Wings
3. Mashed potato and freshly baked bread with butter
4. Fried eggs with hot sauce and fried onion
5. Combination (pork and chicken) meat roll from the Vietnamese shop across the road from work

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Five bites out of the galactic Wally World Vogons that are trying to take over.

Then I do a strategic withdrawal and have dessert later...while they are busy with paperwork. :lol:

1. an assortment of stuff from Fox Bros. barbeque in Atlanta, but certainly including pork shoulder
2. softshell crabs, probably cooked by me
3. oysters fried and on half shell, maybe from Acme Oysters in NOLA
4. sushi from some relatively high end place somewhere
5. cowboy rib eye from Ray's the Steak in Arlington, VA

all washed down with suitable wines and beers and sake

1. Thick juicy corned beef sandwich with a bowl mushroom barley soup. Dr Browns Black Cherry soda.
2. Rack of lamb
3. Tuna tartare
4. Lasagna and Caesar salad with fresh baked bread and butter
5. Scallops and shrimp

1. Roast chicken with all the fixings - mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, and rolls.
2. Maine lobster and steamed clams, with a bunch of melted butter on the side to dunk them in.
3. Pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on top, baked beans and mac-n-cheese on the side.
4. Veal cutlets (lightly breaded and pan fried) and risotto, just like my grandmother used to make.
5. A handmade pizza with sausage, olives, and red onion.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Destroying Earth for a Wal-Mart? I'm not waiting for 5 last meals, I'm ending my own life.

But ok...Let's see...

In no order:
1. Hooters buffalo shrimp, mild sauce.
2. that 24 hour prime rib I had at Merchants in Nashville
3. a big ole fruit bowl, just...every kind of fruit there is.
4. Momma's biscuits and poppa's sausage gravy.
5. Two Brothers Ebel's Weiss beer

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What no bacon?!?!

A English Breakfast, Black Pudding, sausages, bacon, eggs and coffee.

A pig on a spit, with fresh bread, coleslaw and what ever beer speaks to me for the day.

A whole BBQ Rib Eye Roll with roast potatoes and other veggies I'll wing it on the day with the sides, I hope that is OK. Ah it's the last day what are you going to do. Washed down with a Central Otago Pinot Noir

Seafood platter. mussels, oysters, crayfish, scallops, paua fritters, whitebait fritters........

Last meal would be a liquid feast, the beer will be flowing, a party if you may. With finger food, cheese boards tappers menu.

bon appetit

Rome, please. In no order:

Roast lamb, potatoes, sautéed greens.
Pasta carbonara, alla gricia, etc. Piles of it.
Fried zucchini blossoms, with mozzarella and anchovy, fried artichokes, fried calamari. Puntarella salad.
Prosciutto and Tuscan melon.

Naples:

Pizza Sorbillo. Sfogliatelle Mary. Caffe Mexico.

Not Rome? Not Naples? Rare prime rib, roast spuds, yorkshire pudding.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Are you saying I can't make it to Milliways? That Vogon invasion is kinda harsh no?

My answer would be different every day I draw breath. I love well done really basic simple stuff.

Roasted root veg and a bit of pot roasted beef.
Corned beef hash with a couple of fried eggs on top.
A few slices of freshly baked 12 grain bread with a goodly smear of butter.
Mom's baked lasagna

I'm keeping one secret in case the Vogons are listening.

Auuugh - this is such a hard choice. I'm sure it will change hour to hour, but right now

1. Pierogi and Kielbasa
2. Veal Osso Buco over Polenta
3. Gnocchi with Sunday Gravy
4. Baked Stuffed Lobster, Corn, Chowdah etc. . .
5. Corned Beef Hash, Eggs, Hashbrowns, and Rye Toast

Tough decisions...

1. Yumcha
2. Wienerschnitzel and potato salad
3. Steak, rucola and roast potatoes with a bottle of good Australian red
4. Sushi
5. Oysters and Champagne to finish

1. My grandmothers raviolis
2. My mothers lasagna
3. King crab legs only minutes removed from the bearing sea
4. Tuna sushi on a boat, right after I catch said tuna
5. Franklin's BBQ, Austin Texas

1. Mom's lasagna, Caesar salad with homemade dressing
2. Grandpa's fresh caught perch filleted and fryed, corn on the cob, zucchini casserole, clams on the grill with Franks and butter
3. T-bone steak, crab legs, mashed potatoes
4. Blackened shark steak, sides matter not
5. Chili, Duffs wings, corn bread

1. Bacon and Scrambled Eggs (my wife makes them like Gordon Ramsey . . . yummy) with toast and orange juice. earl Grey Tea to finish.
2. French Toast (using THICK slices of bread) and Sausages with sliced tomatoes on the side. Again, juice and toast to drink.
3. Steak and Mushrooms, with a baked potato and all the trimmings.
4. Broiled Scallops and Lobster. Nothing but drawn butter and a wild rice pilaf on the side.
5. Meat Loaf, biscuits (home made) and mushroom gravy.

-mom's taco pie
-corned beef and cabbage with homade mashed potatos
-pad thai from a "hole in the wall" joint off Patton Avenue in Asheville, NC
-shrimp and grits
-nice juicy steak with loaded baked potato

Top Bottom