What's new

SOTD Week April 13-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
NightShave²

My first shave with the Semogue Owner's Club Badger brush and T&H West Indian Limes cream. Mere words cannot express how amazingly this brush and cream performed together.

Holy ****, Batman!

I didn't 'break-in' the brush. I soaked it in hot water with my shaving mug as I do for any other shave. Three shakes to rid it of excess water and an inch of cream in the mug. 60 seconds produced the wonderful cream you see below.

Applying the lather to my face was soft, warm, and oh-so inviting. No scratchiness with proper backbone. The hairs bloomed into a subtle flower of virgin badgers and aromatic lime cream.

For a moment I became lost in the intoxicating scent. Imagining myself galloping along the beach in the Caico's islands. Enjoying a fresh squeezed lime while gulping my island rum with utter abandon.

Nary a care in the world.

proxy.php

NightShave²

My first shave with the Semogue Owner's Club Badger brush and T&H West Indian Limes cream. Mere words cannot express how amazingly this brush and cream performed together.

Holy ****, Batman!

I didn't 'break-in' the brush. I soaked it in hot water with my shaving mug as I do for any other shave. Three shakes to rid it of excess water and an inch of cream in the mug. 60 seconds produced the wonderful cream you see below.

Applying the lather to my face was soft, warm, and oh-so inviting. No scratchiness with proper backbone. The hairs bloomed into a subtle flower of virgin badgers and aromatic lime cream.

For a moment I became lost in the intoxicating scent. Imagining myself galloping along the beach in the Caico's islands. Enjoying a fresh squeezed lime while gulping my island rum with utter abandon.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/SharkinRN/Shaving/DSC_1283.jpg

Great! Welcome to the club! Congrats!

Little late today, but I waited for a new page before going to bed this morning...
Green Tea Cleanser * Nivea * Edwin Synthetic * Merkur * Nacet * Aqua Velva Blue
http://i.imgur.com/WcrM2Hm.jpg

AWESOME!

Click here to view quoted image.

Stirling Sandalwood | Semogue SOC Badger | Merkur 34C HD | Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (3)
TOBS Mr. Taylor | L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme

nice one Michael and thanks

Click here to view quoted image.

Pendragon in Bronze / iKon DLC Slant
Personna Lab Blue
M&F 1/3 Blonde
Dusy Kabinett
Swiss Pitralon

NightShave²

Holy ****, Batman!

more great shots gents

NightShave²

Holy ****, Batman!

Nice pic, I love my Badger SOC as well, it's one of the three brushes I use most often, see my SOTD from today! :thumbup1:

Monday evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Indian Wilkinson (6)
Soap: valobra
Brush: SR 3120
A/S: Tabac
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

2014 LE B&B Rudy Vey Two-band
Tabac
Fatboy/ Med Prep Personna
Captain's Choice Lime AS
Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree

Monday

Pre-shave: Alba Botanica Sea Algae Enzyme Scrub
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless (Orange)
Brush: L'Occitane/Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Jack Black Beard Lube/ Al Raz Calypso Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Balm: Kiehl's Razor Bump Relief

Tuesday Planned SOTD

Standard | Gillette Bleue Extra (D6)
Georgetown G12 | M&F 26mm Blonde
SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub | Pacific Shaving Iced
Czech & Speake No. 88 | Post: Monster Alum Block
Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè | Fine Platinum

$P1060251 (2).jpg

Planned Tuesday Morning Shave 14Apr15
View attachment 564167

View attachment 564168

Razor: ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade
Shaving Brush: Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle
Shaving Mug: VDH Luxury Mug Set
Shaving Soap: Vander-Williams Shaving Soap aka Patrick's Blend
Pre-Shave Oil: Stirling Coniferous Pre-Shave Oil
After Shave Balm: RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
After Shave: Stirling Soap Co. Coniferous

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

This is will be the Third Shave on this Blade.
I will be Face Lathering again tomorrow morning
I will also use an Ice Cold Wet Face Cloth.
On my face as I have each day in the past week.
I will again shave with Cold Water tomorrow morning.
I will apply T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel after my morning shave.

This is the 15th. Day of 30 Day Rule using my, ATT Razor R-1 Base Plate W/88mm. Kronos Handle​

Last edited:
Monday, April 13, 2015 SOTD

iKON ShaveCraft #102 w/ Weber Bulldog Handle

Treet Platinum

Jabonman Citricos

Semogue 620

Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

proxy.php

WARHAWK

proxy.php

Razor: The Wolf SB-P WRH2
Blade: Big Ben
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Second try with Williams and I got a pretty good shave with it considering. The stuff just wants to foam up and spill out of the bowl. It surprised me, but there was a decent amount of slickness. Used my giant Omega boar brush and Merkur 1904 42C with a Polsilver blade. Finished off with some Myrsol Blue, since I don't have any Aqua Velva.

$image.jpg

SOTD 14 April 2015

Today another sunny morning! This is my land, the land of the light, the wind and the sea.
Excellent shave and a fresh air on the bike. Good setting for a day, isnt it?

Pre: 30" min Hot rinse and Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Universal Shavette H/blade
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Soap: Cella
AS: Floid The Genuine/Proraso Green Balm

Music: Jorge Ben - Per Causa de Você, Menina

EDT: CK One

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and shiny day to all Gentlemen!

Tuesday:

Simpson Berkeley Best
D. R. Harris Lavender stick
Gillette Goodwill 162
Bolzano
Penhaligon Bayolea ***
Eau de Rochas Homme EdT

Omega 10066 brush
Antiga Barbearia di Bairro soap
Gillette LC NEW/Gillette Silver Blue
Bump Patrol Aftershave Lotion

Avant Garde - Lanvin

Planned SOTD 14 April, 2015
"All Italian Shave with some British Aristocracy"

Hot Shower-Noxzema Pre | British Gillette #15 OC | PolSilver SI (1) | DeRuiter "F1" HM | C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream | Alum | Proraso AS
Ferrari Red EDT

Have a Terrific Tuesday Gentlemen

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom