What's new

gillette rubie,rubie platinum plus russia the same thing?

Hi all:) When i was about 19, 1994, i was at a cvs. I remember purchasing a gillette shaver, behind the counter, plastic wrapping,black yellow red ink on package board, and had a black handle. Now i know it was is,was,a cheap tech. Lost it many years ago.
well,looking around, i did find pics of it, on pinterest. and also see, thiers a rubie plus platinum. made in russia. Iam guessing,,the cvs one i bought, was made in usa>/? are the the EXACT of eachother>?
Ialso see thiersa G1000, g2000G3000.iseem to remember having a g 3000..
can the g 3000stillbe found and purchased? and if so where?

$IMG_0380-small.JPG$1970s Super Adjustable German G3000.jpg

Yes, the Rubie is a current clone of the famous Tech. I am sure it is made by some contractor and labeled for or a royalty paid to Gillette.

The G3000 is a Super Adjustable and more intricate than the Rubie or the black and red carded razor.

These look different to me. The top pic looks like a plastic Tech as you say. So does the Gillette Rubie Plus. Difference is the supplied blades. Google or search here for Gillette 7 Oclock. It looks very similar.

The G3000 is an adjustable TTO.

Don't forget the Flux Capacitor too. No but the G3000 is simply a Super Adjustable which you can get NOS on ebay for about $150 to $225. Used for about $50 or so.

Having a Rubie, I can say that with the right handle it's a damned fine shaver. I actually kind of like it a tad better than my early triangle slotted head believe it or not. I think it's because of the thin plates. I like the Lord Tech for that reason as well.

Top Bottom