What's new

Angels Envy

What's everybody's take on this? I just picked up a bottle and I have to say it is really easy to drink. I don't usually spent close to 50 dollars on anything but this is well worth it, IMO, although I am a bourbon neewbie.

I'm a bit of a bourbon noob as well, and jumped over from scotch. Angel's Envy is a fine offering IMO. A bit pricey for everyday but if you have a bourbon snob friend I think they would approve. Definitely worth having on hand for the weekend!

It is very good. I've had it several times and I like it a lot.
I'd buy it if it were about $10 less. But at $50, I'll buy Blantons every time.

Well i think it was like 45, not sure, my wife actually picked it up, I got her off of beer, but I will have to try Blanton's next.

Angel's Envy is among the best bourbons I have tasted. I helped some friends enjoy a bottle last year! I am a "value" consumer so I likely won't be buying a bottle for myself but I would be most pleased if Santa brings me one!

I tried it once in a bar. The price was obviously high, but I didn't find the drink to be very enjoyable at all. It was certainly smooth, but not what I was looking for. I do, however, tend to enjoy the bourbons that aren't as sweet.....

I bought a bottle a couple of years ago and I found it young and hot. It isn't terrible but there are other bourbons I prefer in the $50 range.

Well, also open to suggestions in that range, I am open to trying new stuff for sure being that I am just starting to dabble in bourbons, so anything you guys think would be a good try in that price range let me know😀.

I have to chime in with Michters, the regular version is around 45 and then the 10 year is even better but obviously more money. I highly recommend them both if you get the chance.

Well, also open to suggestions in that range, I am open to trying new stuff for sure being that I am just starting to dabble in bourbons, so anything you guys think would be a good try in that price range let me know.

I find myself going after Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve or Four Roses Small Batch more often than not. Good price / value in my view. Elijah Craig 12 year is good as well. From memory all are nearly or as good as Angel's Envy, more readily available and noticeably cheaper.

I gave Buffalo Trace a try last night, not a fan. I did however try some Makers 46 and I really enjoyed that. So I feel like I like my bourbon a little on the sweeter side I think. But my next bottle will be Elijah Craig 12 year see how I like that.

Top Bottom