What's new

Said Goodbye to Snickers today one of our Furry 4-pawed children

Two of my doggies are 12. After reading this thread, I will give them extra treats. Our time with ones we love is always too short.

Sorry for your loss , we have lost 2 pets Molly a chocolate lab and Hsingi a tortie cat in the last year and I miss them dearly . Your post has touched me deeply it is the little rituals that I miss most.

Glenn

Thanks folks, I was really holding it together till I read this. I am continually amazed by the support of the members of this forum. You folks are the best! And thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. It is priceless

Family is family regardless of size or number of legs. Gone but never forgotten. Until you meet again at the rainbow bridge my friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so close to my doggies that I don't know how I'm going to deal with it when it happens.

A beautiful eulogy to your faithful companion, brother. They are, indeed, members of our families, and their loss is hard to bear.

We're approaching that time with our dear old Rowdy (a beagle-basset mix), and we cherish each moment he's with us.

You are in my prayers.

We lost our 15 year old lab Mix named Snickers last year. From the time they enter your life to the time that they leave, a dog becomes such an important family member.

Sorry for your loss Dave.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.
He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.
He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being;
by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;
by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.
When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it.
When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.
He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.
He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever—in case I need him. And I expect I will—as I always have. He is just my dog.

-Gene Hill

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.
by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile;
by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.
When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.
He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever—in case I need him. And I expect I will—as I always have. He is just my dog.

-Gene Hill

Darnit Andy LOL, I just became a sprinkler again. Thanks so much for that!!! it is perfect!

-Gene Hill

Thanks....... For the tears....

Was out working in the yard today cleaning up things. Opened up the garage door to let it air out.

Opened up the RV to air it out.

Spotted Fremiet's traveling "nest" in the floorboard of the passenger seat

I had to pick it up before SWMBO saw it and broke down again....

We went all around the US many times (coast to coast, Canada to Mexico) with her in the 14 years she was with us.

Not sure I can go anywhere again :(

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry for your loss.

"Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love
than the child that lost a dog yesterday."
~ Thornton Wilder

Thanks....... For the tears....

Was out working in the yard today cleaning up things. Opened up the garage door to let it air out.

Opened up the RV to air it out.

Spotted Fremiet's traveling "nest" in the floorboard of the passenger seat

I had to pick it up before SWMBO saw it and broke down again....

We went all around the US many times (coast to coast, Canada to Mexico) with her in the 14 years she was with us.

Not sure I can go anywhere again :(

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yup know that feeling, today I asked my wife before I left for work if she had let Snicker out, before I realized what I said. no water shortage with that statement.

Very sorry, got 2 cats now, but have had to say goodbye to many cats and dogs before, I hate it, hurts every time a lot!

Top Bottom