What's new

Said Goodbye to Snickers today one of our Furry 4-pawed children

Pardon if I run on, but I have noticed in the time I have been a part of this forum, that aside from the Shaving, Brushes, Razors, Pen, Pipes, Aftershaves, and all the other great AD items, this is 1st and foremost an Oasis for Gentlemanly pursuits, advice and camaraderie.

I honestly think this is one of the last bastions of good behavior, respect and commonality in the internet. It gives one hope with all the other silly stuff in the world. I have made some great friends, Learned so much and became a bit poorer, but have enjoyed every minute.

That is why it is not hard to post something like this here. I had to say goodbye to one of my family members today. She had been a part of my life for 15 yrs and had seen the good, the bad, and gave so much enjoyments to the family.

She was the most engaging dog I have ever had. If she wanted attention she Got it!. Even to the point of learning to manipulate us by stealing a sock, bringing it just in front of us to trade for a treat, or to just have us chase her.

Who was training who?? LOL.

Every Morning at 5:00 she would walk out with me to get a cup of coffee and then go out to the backyard to do her morning constitutional and then lay down in front of the shave den till i returned from the shower. She would sit up and watch me shave patiently and had observed from DE to carts, to Electrics and back to DE. She just sat there and watched. I guess she wanted to make sure she was close. Over the years she was able to sample some shave creams on the tip of her nose, and at the end I would always put a bit of AS or EDT on the carpet outside the bathroom and she would go nuts and roll around in it.

Her way of being a part of my day. then she would get up saunter back to the bedroom and fall asleep on the bed. She did that each and every day up until the last couple of weeks as she was too weak and tired to do so. Oh how I will miss that. But today the Cat took her place and sat on the counter watching and kept eyeing the VEG. Anyway I guess the tradition will live on.

They say we will see her again at the Rainbow Bridge, where all will be re-united, I hope this is true. IT just sucks to have had to say good bye to both of our dogs within a two to four month period.

I guess it helps to write this down, it heals i guess. Posting it here somehow feels right as the gentlemen on here that I have met are among the best of humanity.

So anyway thanks for the rant and all that B & B does to enhance all of our lives is some small way.

Cheers.

proxy.php

Snickers RIP 4/11/2015

proxy.php

Fly RIP 1/8/2015

proxy.php

They both loved chasing the laser

Last edited:
An animal can become a part of your life for sure. They have relatively short lifespans unfortunately.

I've lost several friends too. I thought about adopting another but I travel some and it's difficult to arrange for proper care.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
A wonderful friend that you've loved and lost. The memories of a time now gone are the toughest thing to swallow. I lost My cat Jax on 2/10/15. A very hard day. My heart goes out to you. Rest in peace Snickers.

What a couple of sweet looking pups. We lost our Jack Russel terrier a couple of summers ago and danged if I still don't catch myself looking around for him. He was the mildest mannered Jack I have ever seen. Sorry for your loss old boy. You can certainly get attached to them.

I'm truly sorry to read of your loss. I too believe in the Rainbow Bridge and find peace knowing I'll see my beloved companions again one day. The bond we have with our pets run very deep. Thank you for sharing your morning shave ritual. What a wonderful memory you'll always have to reflect back upon of the special times you two shared. You sound like a wonderful pet parent and he was lucky to have you.

That is sad, sorry to hear!

I fear we'll have to say goodbye to one of our animal friends in the near future as well ...

Very sorry for your loss. Every time I read "The Rainbow Bridge" it brings me to tears. They become members of the family and they're just happy to be with you.

I can feel your pain. We lost our Fremiet at age 14 back in January and are still recovering.

Give your cat a big hug for me :yesnod:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
These are the saddest threads on the site, but the outpouring of support never ceases to amaze me.

Sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom