What's new

Fiskars Brass Frameback From Finland

Most exciting razor I have gotten my hands on in awhile. Brass frameback in awesome shape, made by finns, who in my experience, are also generally awesome.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Beautiful razor!
A little spit and polish, a good honing, and that's going to be one sweet shaver.
Nothing like a nice frameback.

Pete <:-}

I never had a brass frameback before. I've had swedes constructed this way albeit flimsier. This razor is really way nicer than the photos make it out to be. It has the functional beauty factor on lockdown.

That's all I am doing to it. I think it looks fantastic. I just need to carefully tighten the pivot since corrosion removal created some slack. That, and I need to clean inside the scales a bit.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I finished cleaning it up. Got the crust out of the scales and tidied up the tail and pivot a bit more. Put it on a coti also just to see how it lays on the stone at each position. It doesn't seem as bad as I was expecting it to be going by the ghosting of the old bevel. It will need a rolling stroke for even coverage. I wish it conveyed better in photos, but utilitarian as it is, it looks fantastic in person...

I'm actually sending it to Nelson for giggles. I told him to max it out completely. That should be fun.

That is sweet!

I'm a big fan of Fiskars' products, but I never knew they made straight razors. Makes sense, though.

Any idea of what era it dates from?

Swedes like this are 1900-1910ish? This is 6/8 BTW so a bit taller and meatier than comparable swedish razors. I had a Dahlgren that was built like this with a steel spine that nelson has now. It is gorgeous and took an insane edge with a teeny bevel but my hands were just too big. This is perfect.

Last edited:
Wow, great find! I didn't know they existed, but for some reason I'm not surprised. I bet that is amazing steel :thumbup1:

Just gave this a go with an edge Nelson put on it. This is a fabulous razor. The way the steel feels almost reminds me of the jo grade steel on my yamamasa kamisori. No joke... It doesn't flex like the swede I had with this design did. Completely rigid. It's also nice to get a fresh from Nelson from time to time, it gives you a nice, ludicrous benchmark to shoot for with your own honing.

It's a beautiful razor, very easy to hone. It's funny you mention the Yamamasa Kamisori I honed for you because the steel in both feel very similar for some reason.

Incase you're interested, after starting the edge on a coticule I scrapped that and went jnat because the steel was asking to be pushed. I went White Iyoto bevel set, Asano Yae Botan, Tenyjou, Atsu, Mejiro, Koma, Green Mystery Gamma Tomo on a Ozuku Miso Asagi I just got. 30/50 black diamond/Neil Miller white on a Lipshaw strop.

Top Bottom