What's new

Finally!

Never had a true bloodless shave with either a straight or shavette yet. But today it went pretty well. Stropped my 5/8 Bradwell about 2 dozen times very carefully and then slowly did both sides of my face, the upper lip (below the nose), and trimmed the sides of the mouth and jaw, as well as the neck. I still couldn't do the chin and just under safely, so I switched to a DE to finish up. But other than that, a true, irritation-free and bloodless shave. Hardly any sting with alum or witch hazel with alcohol and totally nick free. Whew.

Can't figure out how to get the angles right on the chin and under the mouth no matter how many odd faces I make. But for the first time, it looks like a straight may work as a good addition on weekends where I can really take my time.

Well Done coase: It get easier with every shave. Learning to stretch your skin and blade buffing will result in a BBS shave.

Last edited:
Congrats on the shave. I did snicker a little bit when you put in " the upper lip (below the nose) "......usually your upper lip is in the same place, right? Lol

Tomorrow morning I will be shaving with my new 5/8 razor, and hope to be in the same position you are in with a nick free shave. I have shaved with my shavette and achieved a nick free shave, but it likes to nip your face or neck the moment you start to relax with the blade. I always feel on edge (pun not really intended) while I am shaving with the shavette. At this point I will never use a cartridge razor ever again, I'd rather look like a grizzly bear over using a cartridge again.

Top Bottom