What's new

Mystic Water Shampoo Bars

I've been looking around at shampoo bars, plus conducted a couple of searches on here, but I didn't see where any of the bars stood out from the others. I threw a dart, so to speak, and ordered all 4 of the ones Michelle Burns with Mystic Waters makes. I just wanted to pay her a compliment as far as communication and the quality of her products. My hair looked and behaved better following the 1st use. So far I've only used her original and I didn't order her hair oil because my hair leans in the oily direction. If anyone is on the fence I highly recommend these bars.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for this. I've been eyeing those myself and was debating whether to give them a shot once my current bottle of shampoo runs out. Leaning further in the soap bar direction now. Based on your (I'm assuming) limited experience with this product, does it seem like one bar will be long lasting?

keller, I have only used the one bar 3 times but it hasn'r gotten visably smaller and it takes very little to get a good shampoo lather going. I thought about using up my shampoo before ordering but I just couldn't helo myself! BTW I forgot to mention her ~$4 wooden soap dish which I also ordered, I really like that and that is how I store and dry the bar between uses.

Excellent. The soap dish sounds like a great idea. I'm trying to exercise some form of control, which is why I haven't ordered any yet ;)
I was on a soap rampage earlier this year so I'm testing my self control. These will be making their way into the cart shortly, I'm sure.

Thanks for this thread. I have been on the fence about these for quite some time. I have looked into these bars aw well as the qs bars from reading on the site. I have also been looking on etsy. But haven't quite taken the plunge yet. Might have to soon tho. R u using any form of conditioner?

Haven't tried MW's shampoo bars but I have been using QCS shampoo bars for a weeks. They work similar to how you described - lather easily and smell great. I do use MW bath soaps which are really nice.

Thanks for this thread. I have been on the fence about these for quite some time. I have looked into these bars aw well as the qs bars from reading on the site. I have also been looking on etsy. But haven't quite taken the plunge yet. Might have to soon tho. R u using any form of conditioner?

Sorry but I just found your question. No conditioners for me, my hair is too fine for those and they just weigh it down.

Haven't tried MW's shampoo bars but I have been using QCS shampoo bars for a weeks. They work similar to how you described - lather easily and smell great. I do use MW bath soaps which are really nice.

QCS were my 2nd choice, they might be next.

I just received my first MW shampoo bar. It came with instructions to rinse with a mixture of vinegar and water! Didn't expect that! Do you actually use a vinegar and water rinse? Is it really necessary?

I just received my first MW shampoo bar. It came with instructions to rinse with a mixture of vinegar and water! Didn't expect that! Do you actually use a vinegar and water rinse? Is it really necessary?

You don't have to, but I feel it makes a big difference. I use a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 4 parts water. I rub it throughout my hair then rinse. It's suppose to balance out the pH in your hair and scalp.

I just started using the Rosemary Mint for a few weeks now. My scalp feels cleaner, and sometimes it tingles (probablly from the mint.).

It's weird how my hair feels after using it. I'm still using a conditioner. I've tried ACV rinse a few times.

Last edited:
How long does Michelle usually take to respond to emails? I emailed her last Monday to ask for a shipping quote and still haven't gotten a response.

No I'm not and don't plan on it.

I sent an email before the weekend to follow up and got a response same day... and was able to get my order in on the same day :)

Three shampoo bars + white tea & ginger shaving soap on the way!

Top Bottom