What's new

Move over metrosexual's, The rise of the Lumbersexuals are upon us

Move over Metrosexuals and your clean shaven from head to toe look.

The "Lumbersexual" man is upon us. Or maybe you are more of the urbanized "Metrojack" kind of guy? Either way, it isn't gonna sell more razors anytime soon.

proxy.php

or maybe the more urbanized "Metrojack" is more you your liking?

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the lumberjacks. At least we can make Monty Python jokes at their expense :001_smile

I'm just happy that they're bringing flannel back into fashion - makes it easier for me to find it in stores.

I was dressing in flannel shirts , jeans, engineer boots and chain wallet back in the 80s. I also had hair down to the small of my back.

I was dressing in flannel shirts , jeans, engineer boots and chain wallet back in the 80s. I also had hair down to the small of my back.
I like flannel shirts and jeans, but only for the weekend.

Our local farming shop has good shirts (blouses we call them).

They dress like my sons. One builds houses and the other is an apprentice machinist. Maybe these guys are trying to adopt a style they see as masculine. Unfortunately a look alone doesn't do it.

My son the machinist doesn't maintain a full beard and shaves with a DE bought by dear old dad.:001_smile

I'm waiting for the sheltersexual trend. Where guys do their damndest to make homeless look good. From the look of things we may not have far to go.:frown2:

I've been accused of being a lumbersexual before. I have a full, thick, well-maintained beard and sometimes I wear flannel. I'm okay with the term. I love my beard. So do my patients (or so I choose to believe), and so do (most of) the women in my life.

Um, just a quick question...do "lumberjacks" (are they even called that anymore?) wear "skinny jeans" and roll up the bottoms like that? I live in southwestern PA (not far outside of Pittsburgh) and I don't run into too many guys who look like that. Mill guys certainly don't.

I'm with BSAGuy....simple, clean, and classic. There's a reason it's classic...it's timeless.

My 20 something son has the MetroJack look...he works on the oil drilling sites in North Dakota. I don't think he could grow a decent beard at his age...he uses a Gillette Slim and Ranger Tech I gave him.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to just simple, classic style like this guy:

View attachment 563502

Your look reflects your lifestyle which also plays a large part in your career choice, culture and expression of yourself. If you're a corporate financial guy, I doubt you have a long beard a tattoos. If you're a tattoo artist I doubt you wear a suit to work every day and there are thousands of other examples in between. None of those guys look like they are a lawyer or own an optometrist office, and I doubt they do. Not saying that you judge a book by it's cover necessarily but your appearance says a lot about you. Some people don't get that and some just don't care. I work in a very professional atmosphere and we all are required to be well groomed and look very neat and clean. If I worked outside my appearance might be different.

I'm waiting for the sheltersexual trend. Where guys do their damndest to make homeless look good. From the look of things we may not have far to go.:frown2:

I merely have to not shave for a day, and BAM!, homeless guy look.

I can't stand it. I shave every day.

I've seen a few mentions around the net about "Trad"(traditional) style getting popular. I've seen trad explained as being a resurgence of the "preppy" look from the 80s and another source claim that trad is the styles of clothes/fashion from the 1930s to 1950s or at least heavily inspired by that period. I don't know as fashion isn't really my thing so someone more knowledgeable will have to confirm or deny if that is the case.

Um, just a quick question...do "lumberjacks" (are they even called that anymore?) wear "skinny jeans" and roll up the bottoms like that? I live in southwestern PA (not far outside of Pittsburgh) and I don't run into too many guys who look like that. Mill guys certainly don't.

I'm with BSAGuy....simple, clean, and classic. There's a reason it's classic...it's timeless.

... I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers ... I put on woman's clothing, and hang around in bars ...

Of course they do, somewhere, every group has one right? :tongue_sm

I betting none of the guys pictured could change the oil in their car.

I prefer the classic look, and don't mind wearing a good suit.

Top Bottom