What's new

Turkish Get-up

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Anyone else love doing these?

The Y where I'm currently working out has kettlebells up to 50#. On KB days I'll do 10 alternating Get-ups and 15 snatches with each hand x3
Non KB days I'll finish with a 2-3 heavy get-ups with dumbells, I'm currently at 75#.

Does shaving with Arko count?

$arko.png

My trainer introduced them to me a couple of months back, and I've found I really enjoy them as well. Getting the move down initially had me feeling completely awkward and uncoordinated, but after a few tries, it all came together. A very fun and effective exercise.

Occasionally I do them in crossfit. Don't flame me for crossfit. It's a great workout but I'm not a fanboy.

InNae

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
No flames here. I did CF for a year before some things changed and I couldn't make it anymore. While I was doing it, occasionally we would do heavy bag get-ups with 60 pound sandbags. It certainly changes things when the weight is distributed on your chest and shoulder and wants to flop around.

Turkish get ups are a great functional strength exercise. I really enjoy them, although I don't do them as much as I should. My access to kettlebells are limited, so I usually use a dumbbell between 40-60lbs. Love some dumbbell snatches too! Both of those lifts are always sure to show you if you are "missing a spot" in terms of full body training.

Top Bottom