What's new

Well the day started out ok.

I don't usually use a FP on the bus... but I had run out of other pens with which to do my crossword. So I grabbed my Lamy Safari out, and to my surprise, it worked quite nicely on the newspaper. I was thinking 'Man, I've used this pen for more than 15 years now... and it still works great!'

So I had a decent commute in, got another puzzle done, and I tucked the pen into my shirt, and hopped off the bus to head into the office.

At about 10am, I realized I needed to map out a work item by hand... so I reached for my pen. It wasn't where I left it.

I checked my pants, my shirt, all of the pockets in my jacket, and all through my messenger bag. No pen to be found. 'Well this is odd, maybe I've dropped it on my way in?' I thought to myself.

So I threw on my coat, and started retracing my steps through the building, down through the mall on the ground floor, and out into the street. I followed the 2 blocks back to the bus stop. Outside a bank along the way, I found a $20 bill laying on the ground. Perfect! Things are looking up here... now if I can just find that pen.

Then I found it. Laying in the middle of a lane. 'Excellent!' I said through my nearsighted vision, 'I can see my pen in the road! Looks good from here!'

And then I got close enough to see the real deal:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428677858.592122.jpg

My poor Safari has drawn its' last Zebra.

(but now I have $20 towards a replacement!)

Edit: the nib actually seems unharmed... so I can harvest that. And the pen still writes, although the thread has been severed from the grip. I might be able to perform some kind of surgery. But I think I may be euchred here.

Last edited:
Looks like the nib is okay. If so, you can have a spare for the replacement. Or, you could try a different size like a stub and still have that one. Maybe. :)

Wow I didnt think anything could take down a safari,... I guess a bus driving over it is its limit. Sorry about the pen, Glad to hear about the 20 bucks, thanks for the post, a nice way to say goodbye

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Your cat is not covered in ink. Your floor is not covered in ink. Your favourite and most expensive shirt is not covered in ink.

Considering the thread title, and the $20, things are looking pretty good for you right about now.

Thanks for the perspective folks... You're right, it's a minor loss in the scheme of things. And in some hair-brained scheme to try and make money... I'm almost positive that the good folks at Lamy made more than one of these pens.

Now I just need to find a deal on them North of the border!

I'd send the photo and story to Lamy, especially to let them know it still wrote after being driven over.

Sorry about your loss, and enjoy your new pen.

-Andy

I kinda like the bits of white in the blue now...similar to the "distressed jeans" look I saw from a certain other brand recently. Though this is certainly more distressed! ;)

Top Bottom