What's new

Me and my Sam Seong.lived to tell the story

Well I decided that this morning would be the day I would try a WTG cheek pass with my new Sam Seong shavette....my last trip into the world of shavette's didn't go so well, so I was going to wait until tomorrow but I was confident I could make it happen.

Whipped up a slick batch of MWF in my scuttle with my Whipped Dog silvertip and with my regular prep, some Noxema as preshave...a fresh Feather Pro Guard loaded I gave it a whirl.

Really tried to focus on a shallow angle (I think this is where I went wrong last time) and a light touch...I went all right handed and went north to south starting on my left side....I could hear the blade working and before I knew it, using nice light short strokes...one side was done....went to my right side and while it felt a little funny I was able to pull that off as well...I then went on to my chin and got some there on both sides....a quick rinse let me know it wasn't the closest pass ever but I definitely took off some whiskers and I put up the razor with no blood!

Finished up with my Red Tip and re lathered for my ear to nose..feeling confident I grabbed the Sam Seong again, going against what I had planned and attempted a modified ear to chin pass on both sides and again had success...not that close, but still no blood...I figured I had pushed my luck so i put it for good today and finished with the Red Tip...I was pretty pleased.

Tomorrow I pick up my heirloom Henkels from Heespharm and I'm mot going to shave until the afternoon or evening when I get it home....I got my Poor Mans strop kit from Larry yesterday and I have 2 GD's that should be on the way from Frank Misa soon.

Thanks to this board for all the help and tips...and I'm looking forward to this journey!!

funny thing is that since I got my straights....I haven't been back to this razor since that shave...I'm heading out of town, but when I get back I'm going to give this shavette another run!

Top Bottom