What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium blades.

Good Morning men, today I will be shaving with a vintage Wizamet Super Iridium blade that was among a couple of tucks of them that were gifted to me by a fellow member and friend here at the B&B. He sent me two tucks of ten blades each. One tuck will be placed with my vintage blade collection, but the other will be used, as I and he are curious as to their performance. These are blades whose reputation is that of a sharp and long lasting blade. These blades were produced in Poland, but I don't know when. I'm looking forward to testing them. Here's a couple of photos of the unopened tuck-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428574242.639971.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428574256.505999.jpg
I will update this thread once I try these blades. Anyone who has tried these blades in the past, is encouraged to post your thoughts of these blades in this thread. Thanks for your interest, and have a great day!

Hello again men, so I have just now shaved with the Wizamet Super Iridium blade, and my first impressions are good. Here is a photo of the razor combination and shaving cream I used-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428654326.460914.jpg

The razor head is a Pearl SSH-01 OC, and the handle is a SABI T-1. The shaving cream is a tried and true performer for me as well as the razor combo. I chose this particular razor combo because it has good blade exposure, and I wanted to see if these blades were a smooth starter. They are. Some blades tug and pull when you make your first pass, but these Wizamet blades started smooth, and finished smooth. I found them to be very sharp as well. I made two passes, as usual, and I discovered these blades are very efficient. I was BBS in two passes, except in one trouble spot at the back of my jawline, under my cheek. Most blades I use are not this efficient. I usually have more touch up to do. So all in all, I say these Wizamet Super Iridium blades are definitely keepers! They are a good blade so far. I still have to see how many shaves I can get out of this blade, but I will update this thread when I complete a longevity test. So that's all for now men, have a great day!

Today I decided to join you - I cracked a Wiz SI for shave #1, I have a Gil RnB Thin ready for shave 4 - I will take both together as far as I can...

It will be interesting !

I did several side-by-side tests with vintage Iridium Super blades compared to modern Polsilver SI blades. I could not detect any difference at all. Both are truly excellent blades ...

Shave number two down. I used a 1947 Gillette Super Speed, and of course the same Wizamet blade I used yesterday. I think this blade is just as sharp and smooth as it was yesterday. I had another BBS on today's shave as well. I will continue to use this blade until it degrades. That may be awhile.

I did several side-by-side tests with vintage Iridium Super blades compared to modern Polsilver SI blades. I could not detect any difference at all. Both are truly excellent blades ...

Same for me i have still 2 Pack unopened super iridium and did1 pack of si vs psi and couldn't tell the difference.

I then went on a buying frenzy and bought 1,000 ...

Wow fasa! Even at only 10 shaves per blade ( which I believe the SIs should easily reach ) you have 27 years worth of daily shaves!!!

Wow fasa! Even at only 10 shaves per blade ( which I believe the SIs should easily reach ) you have 27 years worth of daily shaves!!!

That what i call commitment! I also use injectors and straight for tome to time so the stash will pitlive me ( i am 35)

Shave # 3 down, same results as last shave. I even had a couple of days growth, and the blade performed great! These seem to be really good blades.

Shave #4 down tonight. I don't know if it was a fluke, or if the blade is actually beginning to degrade, but tonight's shave was less than stellar. I found I had to do a little extra touch up, and I ended up with a weeper and some irritation. My back hurts terribly, so that may account for the poor technique that may have been responsible for the irritation and weeper. I will try this blade again for my next shave, so I shall determine at that time whether or not the blade is still serviceable. I thought it would last a lot longer than this though. So it may just be me. That is all for tonight men, have a good night.

My intention was to compare longevity of the Polish Wizamet SI with a Gillette Red and Black Thin. The thin had a head start, but now they are both even at four shaves each.

Sorry your #4 on the Wiz was rough Alan, the one I'm using was just as smooth at #4 as the first shave. I have it loaded up for tomorrow's shave #5.

Cheers!

These blades were produced in Poland, but I don't know when. [...]

Supposedly, according to some Polish sources, the BN 84 refers to 1984. If that is indeed the case, they might have been manufactured well before the Gillette buy-out.

I get about two or three really good shaves off of Polsilver Stainless blades from Wizamet. I have not tried the version you have been using, and so I don't know if they are similar in that regard.

Last edited:
Shave #5 done, this shave was smoother sailing than yesterday's shave. I managed an effortless BBS in two passes, the blade was not at fault for yesterday's shave quality. It is still shaving fairly smooth, and sharp. I will keep at it until the blade deteriorates. Thanks for your interest men, have a good night.

I agree per the old Polsilver & the new Gillette one made in Russia. Excellent blades. I have never used the older Super Iridium blade, but there are sufficient SxS tests whereas an overwhelming majority say they are exactly the same blade to satisfy me.

The shave today with my R41 and the Gillette Thin was a bit rough on shave #5 - I was surprised. Will try again before binning.

Top Bottom