What's new

Tom Ford Fragrances for Spring/Summer

My next question was going to be about the Grey Vetiver...how similar is it to Guerlain Vetiver? I'm not a fan of Guerlain Vetiver but each scent smells different on each person.

I have tried both and like neither. For me, L'Occitane en Provence's Vetyver is far superior for the following reasons. At least on me, the Vetyver lasts longer than TF or Guerlain Vetiver, has a more complex scent, and a fantastic dry down that leaves you with a nice Vetyver scent (not too earthy) with a subtle "woodsy" finish.

If you are set on a TF frag, I really like Tom Ford's Oud Fleur. TF is genius when it comes to Oud and the Fleur has a 'dusty' rose scent that is classic. The scent wears very nicely as a follow up to shaving with Mike's Natural Soap's Rose & Cedarwood.

Tim

Last edited:
Grey Vetiver is like the Guerlain, but more dry and bitter where the Guerlain is citrusy and sweet. If you don't like one you probably won't like the other.

I have yet to try a Tm Ford that comes remotely close to justifying the price tag. And that is not limited to the "private blend" collection.

I have tried both and like neither. For me, L'Occitane en Provence's Vetyver is far superior for the following reasons. At least on me, the Vetyver lasts longer than TF or Guerlain Vetiver, has a more complex scent, and a fantastic dry down that leaves you with a nice Vetyver scent (not too earthy) with a subtle "woodsy" finish.

If you are set on a TF frag, I really like Tom Ford's Oud Fleur. TF is genius when it comes to Oud and the Fleur has a 'dusty' rose scent that is classic. The scent wears very nicely as a follow up to shaving with Mike's Natural Soap's Rose & Cedarwood.

Tim

Just like you, I did not care for either Guerlain Vetiver or the TF's Grey Vetiver.

I'd agree. I find the two vetivers different and prefer the Tom Ford a lot.

While its not one of the Private Label frags, Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is my favorite warmer-weather Ford. The EdP version of Grey Vetiver is like a modernized Guerlain Vetiver with a much richer vetiver note. Great stuff, IMHO.

Top Bottom