What's new

Tom Ford Fragrances for Spring/Summer

Looking for a few new fragrances for spring/summer and thinking of trying some Tom Ford offerings. I normally wear Acqua Di Parma Colonia, Creed Selection Verte and Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge during the spring/summer.

The following sound very intriguing:

1. Azure Lime;
  2. Italian Cypress; and
  3. Neroli Portofino.

Anyone have experience with these, thoughts?

The Neroli is very nice and the only one listed that I have tried. The Azure Lime sounds interesting though.
For a great spring fragrance by Tom Ford try "Plum Japonais" .....constant Complimants

I have only tried (several times) Neroli Portofino out of the 3 that you mentioned. It is a lovely, high-quality scent that is betrayed by its poor longevity and projection. As such, I could not justify a bottle's high cost.

I've tried Neroli Portofino - I agree that it is a very nice fragrance, but it basically amounts to an insanely expensive 4711. Personally, I think Acqua di Parma is a better choice, or even Dior Eau Sauvage.

While its not one of the Private Label frags, Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is my favorite warmer-weather Ford. The EdP version of Grey Vetiver is like a modernized Guerlain Vetiver with a much richer vetiver note. Great stuff, IMHO.

I also agree the Plum Japonais is a fantastic fragrance, and one of my favorite Fords, but I don't think its the best for warmer weather as it's pretty heavy. That doesn't mean that you can't try it out, but for me heavier scents like that don't work for me personally in warmer weather.

My next question was going to be about the Grey Vetiver...how similar is it to Guerlain Vetiver? I'm not a fan of Guerlain Vetiver but each scent smells different on each person.

My vote is for grey Vetiver too. Although I have always been intrigued by the Azure Lime, just never had the opportunity to try it.The Grey Vetiver (parfum version) to me is much lighter and citrusy then the guerlain. Much more wearable, long lasting. I get compliments all the time. For me it is a great one to use when I cant decide because it is not out of place in any situation.

My vote is for grey Vetiver too. Although I have always been intrigued by the Azure Lime, just never had the opportunity to try it.The Grey Vetiver (parfum version) to me is much lighter and citrusy then the guerlain. Much more wearable, long lasting. I get compliments all the time. For me it is a great one to use when I cant decide because it is not out of place in any situation.

Thanks...definately prefer lighter and citrusy than Guerlain.

Grey Vetiver is nice. I wear it often. I also have TF Italian Cypress and it is quite nice. It resembles polo green to a point, but settles down into a bit of a sweeter scent.

Tom Ford tobacco vanilla might be a little bold for some guys in spring summer, but works for me ok.

proxy.php

I usually steer well clear of designer fragrances in fancy bottles and that includes Tom Ford. But at those prices I'd be more inclined to buy just one which would be a compromise for all year use. So If I was forced to choose just one under threat of death or at least getting both my legs broken I would choose Tom Ford Tom Ford which is incidentally at the pricing low end for Tom Ford. However the peppery citrus and spice notes do remind me of Dior Fahrenheit currently in my bathroom cabinet so perhaps not. 100ml EdT in U.K. for around £60.

Looking for a few new fragrances for spring/summer and thinking of trying some Tom Ford offerings. I normally wear Acqua Di Parma Colonia, Creed Selection Verte and Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge during the spring/summer.

The following sound very intriguing:

1. Azure Lime;
  2. Italian Cypress; and
  3. Neroli Portofino.

Anyone have experience with these, thoughts?

Tried these 3 fragrances along with Grey Vetiver and the Neroli Portifino may be my pick for summer.

Top Bottom