What's new

Longest you have let your face grow?

I am working on something with a few of my buddy. So far we all have not shaven for 3 months.... Whats the longest you have let yours go without a shave? We are doing this for a Cancer thing that is being done locally by a group in our area. I dont know if I can last the whole summer lol, but I am going to try...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I did it for about six weeks, starting last Halloween, for "No Shave November." I did have to to a bit of jaw and cheek line shaping, still.

I liked it, but I finally got tired of feeling my face everything I so much as took a breath. I'll grow it out again, though, but not during the Summer!

Long time back, when I was 19-22 or so, I just went full beard that whole time, didn't shave at all in any way. I'm tempted next fall to go full beard for a month or two, see how it comes in, since it's been.. a long time now since those days I was 19. lol

4 weeks over Christmas break, 2013. We took a 4 day Boy Scout trip and I skipped shaving. Let the beard go until end of January and it was too itchy, etc. for me. Plus, the missus was not into the beard.

Prior record was summer of 2012, also after a Scout backpacking trip. Made it 3 weeks on that growth.

Dunno but I reckon my face grew a fair bit until I was maybe 16 or so. It's stayed the same for years but the skins getting a bit saggy now. :lol: Sorry man I couldn't resist. :001_smile

My Goatee's 3 months old which is a personal best. For a full beard maybe 6 weeks then it annoys the hell out of me.

When I used to spend all my time working outdoors in the winter, I would often grow a full beard from around beginning of November until end of March.

I've had a full beard in the past for a few years at a time. I'm thinking about doing it again soon. I usually let it grow two to three weeks before I start trimming it.

1 year and a half during college when I had a barber just off the campus who gave professional beard trims and haircuts.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Without a single shave? About 5-6 years, but I would trim it up periodically. The longest I've gone from a clean shave to trimming the beard was about 5 months.

the last time I had a full shave was June 1978. Coming up on 37 years since I started wearing a beard. I keep it trimmed and shave around the edges and my neck every couple of days or so.

Longest unchecked would have to be the summer between high school and Technical college. Grew a goat tee. I think maybe around three months’ worth. Looked like a skinny red bearded Billy Connelly. I have been keeping it trimmed but I have had a beard since Movember this last year. This is the longest consecutive beard I have had.
Johnny

I think right now is the longest i've gone, about 2 months. with some cleaning up on my cheeks and neck only.

My face has been growing for 44 years and I have no way to stop it. I do shave every day though and think the longest I've ever gone without a shave is about three days during a long weekend with a camping trip.

I totally get it when people shave their heads when a child or spouse has cancer and undergoes chemothreapy and I would do that in a second for someone I loved.

Though, I have no idea what not shaving has to do with cancer. The no shave November thing makes no sense to me at all. I'm sure they'd rather have me just send them money than not shave for a month.

The day I left active duty I did not shave again for 4 years except for trimming the moustache. Then I joined the reserves
and started shaving again.

Last edited:
I haven't shaved in over 6 months now... The first couple of months I shaved my neck and jawline, but I stopped doing that and have now only trimmed my moustache because it's too annoying when eating/drinking...
I'm going to create a topic soon with some questions on what I should do with it, though.

I have also been looking for a barber in my area (Antwerp, Belgium) to see what they advise and have them do something with it.

My Goat's 3 months old now which is the longest I've left it on. A full beard would drive me nuts. I play with it until me face is sore and spend way to long at the mirror. :w00t:

Over 100 days, at times. One lesson I've learned: trimming your beard is like giving yourself a haircut: it's okay for shorter lengths, but, longer styles will require a professional.

Top Bottom