What's new

Wet Shaving Products

I feel like I might be opening Pandora's box, but here goes nothing...

I have tried searching the forums for talk of WSP products but have come up empty. I'm not sure if it's the terribly generic name or the fact that their acronym is too short to search for or if they have done something to earn the wrath of the masses.

I stumbled across their product elsewhere in the internet and went to their website where I found out that they sell their stuff through Amazon. That piqued my interest because I do a lot of shopping through Amazon and am a fan. Turns out they offer Prime shipping on their full tins and offer samples as add-ons. (I seriously don't understand why every artisan soap maker isn't doing this, but I don't know the terms that Amazon offers for such things.) The reviews are quite positive.

Two questions: anything I should know about these folks? Has anyone tried their products and have any recommendations/favorites?

WSP makes great soaps. You might try searching under "Rustic" as that is their soap line. I have the Mahogany, Tobacco, Vetiver, and Black Amber Vanille. I love the Mahogany and ordered two more back up tins - this was back during their introductory pricing offer last fall.

I have High Mountain WSP Silvertip Badger Brush. It's a solid performer and I would not hesitate to purchase another one.

I'm also looking at some of their soaps. I'm yet to purchase one but I hear pretty good stuff, particularly regarding their scent. I've heard nothing negative about their products.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen! :thumbup1:

I think I'll be adding some samples to my next amazon purchase.

I have their Fougere Noir soap in my rotation, lovely soap it runs alongside all the top performers for me. I have a couple more scents in my stock all bought last year on the promotion.

I think that WSP Rustic soaps are fantastic. I love the Vetiver (no smokiness or earthiness with this one). And I also like the Tobacco. I think you can probably still order samples.

I think that WSP Rustic soaps are fantastic. I love the Vetiver (no smokiness or earthiness with this one). And I also like the Tobacco. I think you can probably still order samples.

You can order samples... from Amazon. Most of them are add-ons which means they ship free with $25 purchases for Prime members. One of them (mahogany) was Prime eligible (free 2-day shipping for Prime members) so for less than 4 bucks, I've got a 1 ounce sample (in a tin!) arriving to my door on Wednesday. I seriously don't understand why more soap makers aren't doing this!

I pulled the trigger tonight on the Black Amber Vanille and the Fougere samples. I really thought about the Tobacco, but I'll save that for a future purchase. I'm currently eyeing a different tobacco themed soap from a different company.

I'm thinking I'll just post my thoughts here, but welcome other suggestions. It seems like the reviews section is a bit more formulaic and these sorts of threads are good for jotting down daily thoughts. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I use the Fougere Noir, Marrakeesh, and Sandalwood in the Rustic Soap line, and all are great performers. The Sandalwood aroma is very mild, but the other two are lush.

.......I'm thinking I'll just post my thoughts here, but welcome other suggestions. It seems like the reviews section is a bit more formulaic and these sorts of threads are good for jotting down daily thoughts. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Post here would be best, IMHO.

WSP soaps are awesome. I have the Barbershop and Mahogany, and will eventually be adding the Tobacco, too. Great performance. Great scents. And at a reasonable price, too.

Last edited:
After responding to this thread yesterday I pulled out my WSP Mahogany and used it for this morning's shave. The lather is so lush and creamy and the scent still slays me. It's the one soap that I will occasionally open and sniff. I paired it with Floid Amber aftershave this morning and it's a great match.

Rustic soaps are extremely close to Martin de Candre in terms of formulation and performance, maybe just a touch less dry as I'm guessing they aren't aged like MdC is. That means they are about as easy to load as anything else you can find and build a fantastic lather, but the lather does seem to dry out a touch and the soaps themselves seem to be a bit drying on the face.

I have Lavendar and Fougere Noir. Lavendar is a very nice, simple lavendar fragrance, not a lot to add. It's not an earthy scent like say Art of Shaving and it's not complex like MdC. Just a nice lavendar. Fougere Noir apparently smells like Drakkar Noir, which I'm not familiar with. I find it to be a very strong scent and I'm not a huge fan. But you should be able to find DN samples pretty much anywhere to see how you like it.

I 3017'ed a tin of the Mahogany and was very pleased with the results. Always a thick, slick lather. It was practically foolproof.

Top Bottom