What's new

Ever lie about using Aqua Velva to avoid the eye-roll?

Should have given the snooty friend a snooty answer like "I'm surprised you can't tell what it is" or "I could tell you but I doubt you've heard of it. It's very, very expensive."

Aqua Velva musk was good enough for my grandpa which makes it a staple in my book. It's déjà vu each and every time I put it on. I'm 32 and far from ashamed.

You can't go wrong with a classic! Though relatively new to DE shaving, I've applied Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Clubman after cartridge shaving for about 30 years. Splash with pride and confidence my friend!

I know I "should" tell you to be proud of what you like... but I know exactly how you felt in that situation. And I've done pretty much the same thing. I usually say I don't remember the name, and that I received it as a gift or something similar.

I've done the same with Old Spice. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. Maybe it's because I had the same "snooty" attitude toward AV/old spice before I started wet shaving? Who knows? But I know how you feel.

You are not alone...

imcndn

Last edited:
The ice blue stuff is a decent woodsy fragrance... I guess because it doesn't cost much and has been around forever, people turn their noses up at it?

I say it with Pride!! AV is hard to beat. There are many who just insist on paying $40 for an AS or see it as "cheap".

If you changed the price of AV to $60 they'd flock to it.
To be honest about it, I like Aqua Velva, Brut, Mennen Skin Bracer, Old Spice a lot better than some of this crap you can only get on the internet or at AOS Store.

Who me? Never. Insofar as what snooty people think, care factor zero. I'd be willing to bet that Warren Buffet probably uses Drugstore AS, if not AV then OS or Brut or something.

I give a +1 on it being a classic. It was heavily advertised in the 1960s, "there's something about an Aqua Velva man". However, I never got around to using it.

I was dealing with a 45-50 year old who hasn't matured past the "mean little girl" phase and I just couldn't help myself:lol:

Not with that spelling but, try Artemis, you'll find a couple brands using that name.

Dimitri

Just checked and your are correct. Luckily, not too common and pretty expensive.

Gotta love the icy freshness of AV.
do they sell other scents of AV? I have the musk already.

There are two blue ones, a musk and a green one.

Last edited:
So today I used a Kroger AV knock-off and got compliments on it. Don't use it often, but it's in the cabinet for a reason.

Top Bottom