What's new

looking for a new straight

Take a look at a 5/8 TI "Bison" ... that might be a good fit for what you're looking for. Probably within the upper end of your price range depending on the scales.

I have a Dovo Redwood Prima Klang that is awesome so I don't know why others put down Dovo's. I also have a Boker King Cutter that really produces a easy and close shave. Maybe my favorite straight to shave with but I do like my Dovo's!

I ended up buying the bismarck. I like the thumb notch. I wish I could have found it in 5/8. Oh well. Next one will be...

I have a Dovo Redwood Prima Klang that is awesome so I don't know why others put down Dovo's. I also have a Boker King Cutter that really produces a easy and close shave. Maybe my favorite straight to shave with but I do like my Dovo's!

I was looking at the king cutter. I've heard good things about boker.

Nothing wrong with Dovo, I have some across their range and they are all fantastic shavers once properly stropped.
Dovo Best Quality 5/8
Dovo Best Quality 6/8
Dovo Bismarck 6/8
Dovo Bergischer Lowe 5/8

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have some straights and want something a little better looking. I have my gold dollars and WD sight unseen. I know alot of people here hate on dovo. I wouldn't buy one but I I love the look of the gold inlay. That paired with some white or pearl scales and I think it looks perfect. Some spine work wouldn't hurt either. I was thinking the Bismark, but I think I want 5/8. I have 6/8 and I like my smaller 4/8 much better. So I want an in between. Any ideas? I'm trying to keep it under 200$ 150 would be better! It doesn't have to be dovo, but like I said the gold inlay just does it for me.
My preference is 4/8 - 5/8 as well. A 4/8 is a real race car and nothing shaves better for me. Also, being the size in least demand, you can find superb high class brands at a very reasonable cost. I have larger blades and enjoy using them but my heart is with the smaller blades. If you get good shaves with small blades, buy small blades. Simply shaving with a straight razor gives you all the macho you need, not the size of the razor.

Top Bottom