What's new

Buying a metropolitan. Advice.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I like a quick-dry ink for work. Parker Quink works well and is priced right too! I haven't used any Pilot inks but that plastic insert in the bottle should help you filling when the amount of ink in the bottle gets low.

I like a quick-dry ink for work. Parker Quink works well and is priced right too! I haven't used any Pilot inks but that plastic insert in the bottle should help you filling when the amount of ink in the bottle gets low.

Oh, it's priced very right, thank you for the suggestion.

+1 on the Quink. It's a favorite.

Spring for a real converter. The one that comes isn't.

$20 plus ink gives you everything you need.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Jet pens is a great source, just make sure you hit the $25 for free shipping.

My buddy chipped in on shipping for me, I ordered that punk to arrive Monday, in time for class :D
I hit my 25 buck mark, he chipped in 20...All is well in money wasting land.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I like the converter that comes with it, easy to use one-handed. Some folks don't like squeeze converters, I'm not one of them.

You can use the CON-50 or CON-70 but there's more bucks you could use for different inks, etc.

I'm getting it tomorrow...........................Now THAT's some shipping right there. I didn't know I could receive a package on easter sunday.

Yeah the bunny has delivered my pen!
I got some pelikan ink, which got good reviews, but I don't get it.....Why does my pen seem really light in writing and skip a little?(ink will seem to stop flowing)

I got the fine tip if that means anything.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Maybe you need to give it a thorough rinse or wash. Sometimes there are residual manufacturing oils and whatnot inside. Most folks give a little flush with soapy water and/or clear water rinse just to be sure.

Okay will give that a shot. I realized in all my noobishness, I didn't properly fill the well... -.- but it still writes very thin, even after two paragraphs written. Maybe it's the ink? who knows(I like bold lines even on fine tips.)

My Metropolitan in fine also writes a very thin dry line. Too much so for my taste. I'm going back to my medium.

Top Bottom