What's new

Dropped the Ball: A public honing apology.

Just wanted to take a second and say sorry to one of our members here. I dropped the ball and it took me WAY too long to get your razor done and I sincerely apologize. I hope that by sending you a few goodies in the package with your razor you'll be able to forgive me!

With that said here'st he pic of the progression I used: 1k Chosera, soft 5kish Narutaki, Wakasa Namito with a 4 nagura progression, nakayama maruichi with a nakayama tomo and finally on clear water.

I hope you enjoy it. Just did 5 passes and it's a stellar edge that compares to any high end razor on the market.

proxy.php

Brooksie, I appreciate this. It shows that you live up to your reputation as a standup guy, and why you were so highly recommended. No hard feelings at all, we are good bro.

Thx.

nice move! i hope the recipient is understanding and enjoys the edge.

this is kind of why i don't like honing for others.. i feel bad when i don't have time or want to hone and some one is waiting. especially being out and about on the road this year so often.

i have one of these events, i felt so bad that i had borrowed a stone and had it for way longer than i expected, i hand delivered it back to apologize in person and meet them to say hi!

Nice. What did you think about the GD? Compared to my vintage my GDs are very hard. How was the heel? Both of mine are great shavers and I like the weight.

This is a Billy T gold dollar that made its way to Ontario. Honestly the shave is as good as any right off the stones. I haven't done any testing to see how durable the edge is and how long it lasts though.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Gold Dollar steel seems hard when you're trying to get that factory-fresh SOB down to an even and consistent bevel.

After that, it's pretty normal.

Cheers, Steve

This is outrageous.

First, you're trying to tell us that a $5 Gold Dollar can shave as good as anything out there once properly honed?!

What's next?

That a $1.50 sheet of lapping film will put a fantastic edge on a razor just as well as a $300 Rock?!

I refuse to believe such affrontery to my sense of order in the universe!

Last edited:
This is outrageous.

First, you're trying to tell us that a $5 Gold Dollar can shave as good as anything out there once properly honed?!

What's next?

That a $1.50 sheet of lapping film will put a fantastic edge on a razor just as well as a $300 Rock?!

Nope, that is too far of a stretch.

This is outrageous.

What's next?

I bet you that lapping film can't double as a door stop!

Top Bottom