What's new

Finally got a proper shave with Arko!

This probably won't be news to anyone, but I found out today why Arko is good stuff. I've been trying to stick with the same soap/cream for a week or so to actually figure it out (relatively new shaver here, you know how it is...you get excited about all the products and don't give the their due, yadda yadda), and this week I was working the Arko puck. Up until now I thought it was pretty average....and since it's pretty cheap I figured that was fine, just didn't get why people raved about it. It always felt just ok, and often dried on my face, but not today gentlemen, no, not today. Today it was luscious and delicious, easy to lather, protective, and played it's part in producing a fine shave. I get it now. Anyways, you can carry on now.

I just received a couple sticks on Monday. I bought them in pursuit of a shave soap with a "soapy" smell. It's soapy alright. Kinda like the soap found in the restroom of some weird hippy chick shop in Berkeley. I'm already noticing that it's mellowing out a bit after only a couple of days, so I'm not worried. There's no denying the performance. The stinky little sticks get the job done, for sure. Oddly enough, the Pretty One likes the smell. She says it "smells a little Middle Eastern." Whatever that means.

Have used the Arko stick for my last two shaves ,first attempt so so ,second try a slick rich lather .Kind of an odd smell but it covers up the Noxema

Glenn

I think it smells delicious! My gal likes it too. But I get the urinal reference....anyways, I will try the stick too. I keep telling myself not to get it, since I'm trying to try new stuff....but now I'm remembering a stick is like a dollar. I guess there's no getting away from it.

I used Arko for the first time today. I love the scent. It smells fresh, lemony and hygienic. I wish I could find a cleaning product or air freshener that smelled just like it for my bathroom. It lathered great and provided an excellent shave. The scent stuck around for just under an hour after my shave. It also doesn't seem like it would cause any issues with an aftershave splash or cologne.

I use the Arko puck and get a great lather from it. I will drip some HOT water on it to let it BLOOM a little and then pour off the excess water and apply the brush. I get a very rich thick lather that way that works great. I only face lather by the way.. . Good stuff.:thumbup1:

One of my favorite shaves has been face lathering with an Arko stick. I honestly don't understand why there are any complaints about Arko, other than the subjectiveness of the scent. Personally, I love the simple, clean scent. The lather has been stupendous, thick, creamy and luxurious - all for $4? Arko is the best deal out there, and imo, outperforms many of the products I have tried. I don't think I will ever be without a stick in my rotation. Sure, there are many other (much) higher priced good performing soaps with more complex ingredients and scents that I like, but when it comes down to the quality of the lather, imo Arko is right up there with the best of them and is #1 in value.

My complaint about Arko stick is that it dries my skin leaving it feeling uncomfortable. It's the only soap I've tried that dries my skin. I've been using Arko cream from a tube (Maximum Comfort) and it works very well without the drying effect. The scent isn't bad but it's nothing to write home about.

The stick scent reminds me of Ivory soap. I like it because it's the soap my dad always used. A little nostalgia in the morning can be nice.

I'm probably doing it all wrong, but I mashed my Arko stick down in my mug. When I step into the shower, I fill the mug with hot water and drop my brush in it to soak with the soap ( unfortunately I have a cheap $3 junk brush). When I step out of the shower, I dump out the water and lather up. I love it.
Any suggestions?

I used arko for the third time today, and decided to use it exclusively for an upcoming vacation. I have it in one of those twist applicators.

I don't mind the smell at all... But then again, I'm not one of those guys that seeks mango infused cucumber lilac extract of lily juniper bay rum.

I spent time in Turkey as a young military man. The fragrance of Arko reminds me of what the inside of a toiletry store smelled like. I have had nothing but success with Arko. For the road I use sticks and push-ups as shown in a Youtube video. At home I lather in the mug, brush it on, and just shave. All you need to know is that the product does need a lot of water. Nothing could be simpler to use.

My complaint about Arko stick is that it dries my skin leaving it feeling uncomfortable. It's the only soap I've tried that dries my skin. I've been using Arko cream from a tube (Maximum Comfort) and it works very well without the drying effect. The scent isn't bad but it's nothing to write home about.
Same problem.
If you lather in a bowl , add a few drops of glycerin or balm. It would be great.
Regards...

I spent time in Turkey as a young military man. The fragrance of Arko reminds me of what the inside of a toiletry store smelled like. I have had nothing but success with Arko. For the road I use sticks and push-ups as shown in a Youtube video. At home I lather in the mug, brush it on, and just shave. All you need to know is that the product does need a lot of water. Nothing could be simpler to use.

So true. In fact I dare say it's only about 30 seconds slower than using foam out of a can. My simple face wash/rinse with the bar soap (about one minute?) prior to lathering takes twice as long as applying and face-lathering with a stick of Arko.

Top Bottom