What's new

Initial Straight Shave successfully complete

Overall, I'm pleased and this is just the start of a new shaving venture. Both of my current straights need a bit of work and C FrankC was kind enough to let me borrow his Harthy. I am currently sporting a chinstrap beard that I thought would be helpful and help me by concentrating on my cheeks and neck. While my cheeks are smooth, my neck is decent. The beard my have been more of a hindrance than it was helpful. It really limited the space to use and was a bit more tough with he longer blade that a straight has versus a DE. I did get a small slice on my right cheekbone and knew I did it right away. That happened at the beginning of the shave and the rest of the experience went very smooth for a first time. So, I've definitely learned to respect the steel to say the least. Big thanks to C FrankC for all the information he provided me with yesterday and for the use of his great Harthy. Thanks again Frank!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That fact that I'm not reading worlds like awkward, blood, irritation, deep cut, blood, nicks, styptic pencil etc.... all speaks to a successful shave, especially when you're having to do edging! :thumbup1:

Sounds like you are off to a great start, just ease into it a little at a time. The shaves will just get better as your skill increases.
Practice and patience are the watchwords for progress, keep us posted on your journey.

I too sport a chinstrap with a goatee. If it helps, what I do is I do a first pass WTG right side cheek then neck, leaving space around my lines, then my left side. Then I use a wet finger to rub out and thin the lather around my left strap and goatee and do my edge work. I then line up my lower edge of my left strap, then repeat on my right side. Now with all the edge work done, I can proceed with my second pass.

Top Bottom