What's new

Fougere Scent?

I absolutely love MdC's Fougere. There is no better scent to me. That said, there are far better performing soaps that cost much less. I've read that Tiki Fougere is really nice. I own Valobra Fougere hard soap (puck in the tub) and it's a lighter scent and smells good. It's a fantastic performer. If you can find Tiki Fougere, I'd try that first, though.

How big is your bank?

As noted, Queen Charlotte is good domestic stuff and MdC is really not that bad on a cost per shave basis because it lasts a loooong time.

Tiki is my favorite Fougere scent. Others I have tried in order of preference Saponificio Varesino, Catie's Bubbles LTV, TFS, Through the Fire, Palmolive Stick(Fougere-ish). WSP and QCS are tied in last place, can't decide which I like least. Valobra was pif'd.

How big is your bank?

As noted, Queen Charlotte is good domestic stuff and MdC is really not that bad on a cost per shave basis because it lasts a loooong time.
These are my two favorite Fougere, the QCS I use their cream (croap). QCS creams are the best performing I have used. MdC does makes lots of lather very easily. The scents for both are fantastic.

In my nose, the quintessential Fougere shave soaps are...
Penhaligons English Fern
Creed GReen Irish Tweed

amongst the artisans, I like Gingers Evergreen.
The other Fougere soaps and creams mentioned above are nice.

Top Bottom