What's new

Tobacquisitions for April 2015

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
@Hirsute Do you have the website for this pipe maker? Thanks.

It's a private label line for Thompson Cigar Company. They pop up on eBay every few weeks. Rumor and research suggests they were made by Savinelli in the 70s/80s for Thompson and are identical to the Savinelli punto oro corallo finish. I have 3 of them, and they're tremendous smokers. Usually go for around $20 on eBay.

Two 5ers of RomaCraft Aquitaine Mode 5.

proxy.php

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428811924.291861.jpg

My IPSD pipes have finally arrived. A Radice Silk Cut Bent Dublin and a Ser Jacopo Canadian. I am very happy with the purchase.

A meager pouch of PA to play around with topping with some Vanilla extract. Should be a fun experiment. I might try it with some scotch too. I'll post a thread about it when I get started to document it with some pictures.

Got more then 1oz of some of the bulks. Also a 50's grabow Westbrook and a brown devil anse Dagner.
Some samples from my buddy's Windy City Pipers- Deception Pass & Maple Street, and a tin of Ole Shenandoah Berrel no. 76.
Also Extra large tins of McCrystals O&G and Highland Ice snuff.
View attachment 564189
Getting ready for the Chicago Land Pipe Show...

Last edited:
My first McCranie's order. The Red Flake is from 2012 and the Murdock's Pipe is from 2013. They must have a large inventory...

proxy.php
My understanding is they have McClelland do big runs for them when they select their specific crop. Got 2 tins of each of the red ribbon and red Flake from the 2008 crop/2012 tinning at the Raleigh TAPS show this past weekend myself. One of my fav straight VAs.

Arrived today, but I haven't opened the package yet. Size/Group 6 Hawkbill in Dark Coral by Mark Tinsky. Here's the pic he sent me.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
An estate rusticated 1/4 bent Smoker's Inn Select made in Italy.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429329368.733618.jpg

Top Bottom