What's new

Rapira Platinum Lux

After reading a lot of good reviews on the Rapira blades I decided to give them a try. I order a pack of the Rapira Platunum Lux blades. When they arrived I loaded one in my Merkur 11c OC ( I know this razor very well and how it shaves) and gave the blade a try. WOW is all I can say. I used the Maggard London Barbershop and did my usual prep with face soaking and hot wash rag. Lathered up my Omega 11137 boar brush and went to town. At first I was very careful with my WTG pass but it went so well I was amazed. Relather and did a ATG (which I usually don't do for a second pass). WOW again- this blade is sharp and smooooooth. I think it actually surpasses my beloved Astra SP's... (darn it). If this combination was all I had to shave with I'd be happy as hell. I've shave 3 times now with this blade and every shave was consistantly smooth (read - BBS or damn near) using this setup. Think I'll try one in either my Maggard MR6 or my Gillette Red Tip and see if I get the same performance. I'm running really low on my Astra SP's and may just have to order these in bulk to replace them. We'll see.....

I enjoy a similar experience with these blades. The only other that surpasses them in my den are Polsilver Super Irdium blades! Enjoy!

I enjoy a similar experience with these blades. The only other that surpasses them in my den are Polsilver Super Irdium blades! Enjoy!

I'm currently on day 6 of a side-by-side comparison of Rapira Platinum Lux vs. Polsilver Super Iridium blades in similar razors. I haven't posted the results yet, but the two blades felt identical on days 1-4. The Polsilver still felt the same on days 5 and 6, but the Rapira started tugging on day 5 and tugging and skipping on day 6. From at least this test, as long as you only plan on 3-4 shaves, you won't notice a difference between these two blades, and the Rapiras are much cheaper.

Top Bottom