What's new

Interesting Finds

I enjoy taking snapshots of interesting and often somewhat weird things I see while out and about. Let me start with a picture of a really tall curb, which I have previously posted on another message board. This other board caters to a very different demographic from Badger&Blade, and most comments I got on the picture were about the unhip shoes and thriftstore jeans of the poor guy I included I my picture for scale reference purposes. Anyway, I just though this tall curb was kind of odd and a fun thing to see.

hotwheels

Tall Curb

On a similar vein, here I found in a small random desert town, that they were using cabbages as roadside plants in the town centre.
With cars driving past all day long, I can't image that eating them would do you much good.

$IMAG0014.jpg

I am not a botanist, but those plants look like a variety of cabbage plants. That's a pretty bizarre choice for an ornamental plant. Bon appétit!

hotwheels

Last edited:
A neat urility pole that is, as some peple have assured me, just a temporary fix waiting to be replaced with a new pole. Apparently the various utility companies have a hard time coordinating repairs efficiently.

hotwheels

I enjoy taking snapshots of interesting and often somewhat weird things I see while out and about. Let me start with a picture of a really tall curb, which I have previously posted on another message board. This other board caters to a very different demographic from Badger&Blade, and most comments I got on the picture were about the unhip shoes and thriftstore jeans of the poor guy I included I my picture for scale reference purposes. Anyway, I just though this tall curb was kind of odd and a fun thing to see.

hotwheels

Tall Curb

Is it a curb or a place to sit? Doesn't look like a roadway on the low side. Just curious.

Is it a curb or a place to sit? Doesn't look like a roadway on the low side. Just curious.

You bring up an excellent point: This picture doesn't tell the whole truth by design!

There is a bus stop on street level right in front of that tall curb. So yes, one could use the curb for sitting down. In that particular location, a wheelchair user does not have to go up the curb to go anywhere. He can just keep going on street level until he hits a crosswalk or the entrance to a parking lot.

hotwheels

A place that looks like it could be located in Silent Hill (the horror video game/movie) can be found on the Point Reyes Peninsula in Marin County, California. Especially on a foggy day Pierce Point Ranch can be spooky. Visit the place when you are in the area!

hotwheels

Last edited:
I saw the red Rolls again. This time it was parked in front of a similar model in silver in front of a movie theater at a red carpet event/early screening of Jurassic World. I guess both vehicles are rentals.

hotwheels

proxy.php

Yesterday I came across my brother's '96 Audi A4 that he sold with 240k miles on the clock last summer. I have to say it still looks good. He will be thrilled to hear about this. He loved that car and did all maintenance and repairs himself. He then bought a new Audi S5.

Look, all silver cars! :tongue_sm

hotwheels
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom