What's new

Where to find first kamisori for a good price

Hi everyone,

since few months i think to have kamisori experience but finally after done few research on internet i've found nothing for a nice price (in france) for first kamisori. well i'd like to have some ideas ou link if you could some.

thanks

I love my PRC blades. I don't believe they have a true Kami grind where one side of the blade is flat, but they look neat either way!

Last edited:
Yes on the site of PRC, i did not find kamisori but I'm following hobbyiest page, actually there is few things but maybe there will be some kamiisori later. But on eBay I found nothing.

Well i see the hobbyiest is closed for newbies that why I see nothing actually. :/

Last edited:
Email Scott at PRC. He recently posted pictures of a new kamisori on the PRC FB page. Scott is a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with for a S.R. purchase.

yes i saw aframes' site but his kamisoris are new, finally i decided to start with an old one just to have honing/sharpening experience as it's different then a usual straight .

any idea about yasuki (kind of steel or trade mark im not so sure) on the blade it's written with latin letters so i was not so sure if that's a good one?

Last edited:
I bought my first kami about month agou on ebay japannippon is seller, weary pleased, price at beginning are high and than will decrease.
If you want something really cheap to learn I suggest Japan yahoo auctions, will need to go thru some proxy site to purchase it bat it is not weary hard.
Yasuki is tipe of steel produced in Japan werry good quality, it is colled modern tamahagane because it is made from similar ingredients , sure someone with more knowledge than me will explain better.

hey rsso, i saw japponnippon's store too, they are pretty nice but i afraid to pay too many taxes.

Top Bottom