What's new

Returning member

Not exactly a newbie, I had been on here for a few months and in november 2014. I had some health problems which put me out of work and left me pretty much unable to walk until feb 2015. I am able to walk now and have gotten over the depression resulting from my condition. I still have a long way to go and am still out of work but I'm surviving. I will say that what I went through made me realize what a luxury it is to be able to walk to the bathroom and shave whenever I want and in some ways I consider my ordeal a blessing. I am now able to enjoy many things in life I never even thought about before, I have been able to reconnect with my wife and daughter who were the only ones who stood by me through all of this, and I lost a job that I've hated for 13 years and I'm pretty optimistic about my future.

sorry about the long speech and hello to everyone.

Hello - and welcome back!!

Without going into the gory details, I can honestly say I understand exactly what you are talking about. When we have our health it seems we are never very thankful for it, and then when it is so rudely taken away from us we are left standing alone in our sadness and depression. BUT - if you can allow the illness and hopeful healing to allow you to grow and understand how precious all of life is, then we become very thankful for even the smallest things in life. I know I have ;-)

So enjoy your shaves and new-found freedom, and indulge yourself in everything that we are so fortunate to have because life is truly a gift and wonder.

Mr Eleven

:001_smile

Last edited:
proxy.php

Welcome back to B&B

Sometimes a shakeup will set things into perspective.

Good to hear you are on you way to recovery.

Hello Joe. Great to have you back. I hope that you are on the upswing with your health and quality of life issues.

Welcome back. Hopefully, things will get better for you. On a very positive side: having a wonderful, caring wife and daughter at your side is what really matters.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Welcome; From experience I understand how health issues can affect us and our love of being independent and being able to take care of ourselves without help. But I accepted the help gratefully and recovered. You have a lot to look forward to and enjoy.

Welcome back! I really am glad that things are better and you have a great attitude towards all of this!

Hello - and welcome back!!

Without going into the gory details, I can honestly say I understand exactly what you are talking about. When we have our health it seems we are never very thankful for it, and then when it is so rudely taken away from us we are left standing alone in our sadness and depression. BUT - if you can allow the illness and hopeful healing to allow you to grow and understand how precious all of life is, then we become very thankful for even the smallest things in life. I know I have ;-)

So enjoy your shaves and new-found freedom, and indulge yourself in everything that we are so fortunate to have because life is truly a gift and wonder.

Mr Eleven

:001_smile

I am glad that you overcame your health issues please don't hesitate to post any questions on any issue at all.

Top Bottom